The 2013 World University Games will be held in Kazan, Russia from July 2-12, 2013. Badminton will be a part of these Games. For the first time USA is sending a team for these Games. Badminton will be featured in both the Team and Individual events.
Eligibility to apply and/be considered:
- Has a US Passport ( expiration date at least 6 months after July 13, 2013)
- Horn between January 1, 1986 and December 31, 1996.
- Full-time student ( applicants must provide a University/college letter confirming student status)
- Amateur status
- Has active USAB membership for the 1/1/2012-12/1/2012 perio
- Agree to sign the "Team USA Honor Code and Code of Conduct" form.
- Agree to sign the Team USA Authorizations, Waiver and Release Form.
- Meet eligibility conditions as above
- Adult Nationals results 2011-2012
- Adult Ranking as of 12/1/12
- JIT Results 2011-2012
- Junior Ranking as of December 1, 2012
- Athletes who have competed in or if they have qualified for the Summer Olympic Games, Youth Olympic Games, Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Championship, World Mixed Team Championships (Sudirman Cup), World Men’s Team Championships and World Women’s Team Championships, Pan American Games are not eligible for application. However USAB reserves the right to waive this criteria and invite such athletes for consideration if more athletes are required to be on the USA Team.
Athlete and Coach Selection Committee
- USAB Director of Coaching & High Performance
- BOD Athlete Member
- USA Team Manager for the 2013 World University Games
- USA Team Coach for the 2013 World University Games
- USAB Junior Advisory Chair
- USAB Independent Board Member
- Successful applicants must self-fund themselves
- The athlete is responsible for a $2,070 non-refundable deposit and the estimated air travel of $2,000
Interested athletes must send confirmed application to the USA Team Manager for the 2013 World University Games, Amy Ng by January 6, 2013 by 5.00PM MST at 919 La Mesa Terrace, Unit D, Sunnyvale, Ca 94086
Application must include all documents as stated in the criteria above and a non-refundable deposit (check or money order) of $2,070 payable to “USA BADMINTON” by January 6, 2013 by 5.00PM MST.