A. Number of EAHI slots allocated: 5
B. Eligibility and Criteria Approved for EAHI:
- Only U.S. Citizens are eligible for EAHI.
- Up to 5 athletes will be offered EAHI based on the prioritized order below. In order to be eligible, athletes must be currently training and competing in international Badminton World Federation (BWF) sanctioned competitions and have a current BWF World Ranking for the United States.
- The following prioritized order will be applied as of April 24th, 2014 allowing athletes to be offered and enrolled in EAHI by May 1st, 2014. Enrollment is dependent on the athlete’s timely submission of all necessary paperwork:
- Priority will be given to athletes with the highest BWF World Ranking as of April 24th, 2014. Athletes must have a minimal world ranking of 150 to be eligible.
- If athletes or teams from different categories have the same BWF ranking, the priority lies with the athlete or team with the BWF single best performance. Best Performance is defined as the highest points earned towards the BWF Rankings at a single BWF event. (Please note that Team events such as Sudirman Cup are excluded from consideration).
- In the instance that a doubles team (same gender or mixed) qualifies for the 5th and final EAHI slot, the individual who receives that slot will be determined by the following:
a) One athlete determines he/she would like to decline the slot therefore the other athlete
automatically qualifies for the slot. If both athletes decline the slot then go to b.
b) An athlete with multiple rankings (i.e. women’s doubles, mixed doubles and women’s singles) has
priority. If there are multiple individuals who have multiple rankings, the athlete with the highest
ranking, regardless of category, has priority.
i. If both “a” and “b” above are exhausted and a slot still remains then the slot goes to the next
highest ranked singles player regardless of gender.
ii. If all of the above criteria are exhausted and a slot remains, it goes unused.