JOAD Committee Structure:
The JOAD Committee consists of five members:
One athlete member
One member from each of the four regions
Individuals on the JOAD Committee shall act as committee members as well as regional program coordinator and a resource. The member terms are two years and are to be staggered to provide for program continuity. Committee members agree to and comply with USAA code of conduct and code of ethics. Committee service is an unpaid volunteer position. In addition to meetings, committee service is anticipated to average 2 to 4 hours per week.
- The athlete representative will be appointed at the beginning of the even years.
- South and East regions will be appointed at the beginning of the odd years.
- North and West regions will be appointed at the beginning of the even years.
Meetings: The committee shall meet as needed. However, the committee shall try to meet at least once every quarter either in person (when applicable) or via conference call.
Program Support: Committee members shall devote sufficient time and attention to provide program support with regards to but not limited to the following:
- Be a national and regional resource to clubs, state coordinators and the membership at large.
- Help promote the program.
- Help raise program funds.
- Facilitate the program including camps, etc.
- Select the George Helwig Award Recipient on an as warranted basis.
- Select program "Coach", "Club Leader" etc. of the year on an as warranted basis.
Advisory: Committee members shall devote sufficient time and attention to advise the USAA CEO and the USAA designated staff with regards to but not limited to the follow:
- JOAD and USA Archery promotion
- Club materials and awards program
- Instructional and curriculum materials
- Program offerings including camps, etc.
- Coaching and Instruction
- Jr. USAT
- National tournaments
- Strategic Planning
Reporting: The committee reports to the USAA CEO and the USAA designated staff. All official actions require USAA CEO or BOD approval. The committee chair shall report to the membership regularly throughout the year.
Members of the JOAD Committee
John Stover (email@example.com) - North Representative - Committee Chair
Dee Falks (firstname.lastname@example.org) - South Representative
Doug Ludwig (email@example.com) - East Representative
Brian Ficker (firstname.lastname@example.org) - West Representative
Mackenzie Brown - Athlete Representative