JOAD Committee Structure:
The JOAD Committee consists of five members:
- One athlete member
- One member from each of the four regions
Individuals on the JOAD Committee shall act as committee members as well as regional program coordinator and a resource. The member terms are two years and are to be staggered to provide for program continuity. Committee members agree to and comply with USAA code of conduct and code of ethics. Committee service is an unpaid volunteer position. In addition to meetings, committee service is anticipated to average 2 to 4 hours per week.
- The athlete representative will be appointed at the beginning of the even years.
- South and East regions will be appointed at the beginning of the odd years.
- North and West regions will be appointed at the beginning of the even years.
Meetings: The committee shall meet as needed. However, the committee shall try to meet at least once every quarter either in person (when applicable) or via conference call.
Duties: Committee members shall devote sufficient time and attention to provide program support with regards to but not limited to the following:
- Advise USA Archery staff on Outreach related issues
- Act as a resource to, and communicate with, State Associations and State JOAD Coordinators
- Coordinate and promote Outreach activities within their region
- Review Ann Hoyt/ Jim Easton JOAD Grant applications and provide assistance with Grant allocations
- Select the NAA JOAD Award recipient on an as warranted basis
- Attend JOAD Committee meetings
Reporting: The committee reports to the USA Archery CEO and USA Archery designated staff. All official actions require USA Archery CEO or BOD approval. The committee chair shall report to the membership regularly throughout the year.
Members of the JOAD Committee
John Stover (email@example.com) - North Representative - Committee Chair
- North States: ND, MN, SD, NE, KS, MO, IA, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH
Dee Falks (firstname.lastname@example.org) - South Representative
- South States: TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL, SC, NC, TN, KY
Lauren Buswell (email@example.com) - East Representative
- East States: VA, WV, PA, NY, ME, MD, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT
Mike Cullumber (firstname.lastname@example.org) - West Representative
- West States: OR, WA, CA, NV, ID, MT, WY, CO, UT, NM, AZ, AL, HI
Mackenzie Brown (email@example.com) - Athlete Representative