What is the After School Archery Program?
The After School Archery Program (ASAP) is a partnership program between USA Archery, Easton Foundations, the Archery Trade Association, National Field Archery Association, and the Archery Shooters Association.
ASAP (After School Archery Program) was first conceived by the National Field Archery Association (NFAA) to serve as a next-step youth activity for all the youth in the USA who wanted more than just a first-peek at this fun sport. As the program was developed, other leading archery associations joined forces to create a complete activity that helps new archers gain confidence and experience in a wide variety of archery styles. USA Archery manages the program on behalf of these partners.
- Flexible lesson plans that teach shooting form and archery styles.
- Scoring Games test your form and accuracy.
- Uses your existing program equipment.
- Additional equipment can be purchased.
- Teaches effective shooting form developed by this country's top archery coaches.
- "Beyond ASAP" Introduces archers to other styles of archery including:
- Field Archery
- Olympic Archery
- 3D Archery
ASAP provides a wonderful pathway for archers to learn the skills and confidence to join next-step archery programs like the Junior Olympic Archery Development (http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Programs/Junior-Olympic-Archery-Development.aspx) club.