Easton Yankton Archery Complex Seeks Coach
NATIONAL FIELD ARCHERY ASSOCIATION FOUNDATION
NFAA EASTON YANKTON ARCHERY COMPLEX
POSITION TITLE: Level 4 Archery Coach
As an Elite Archery Coach of the NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Complex, the Archery Coach will foster, promote and administer the NFAA Easton programs to improve the proficiency of archers and bowhunters at all levels. The Coach will ensure consistency of the regional training and instruction with the NFAA and USAA coaching techniques and training programs. The Coach will report to the Head Archery Coach and Complex Manager and assist in the coordination of the development and implementation of the regional training programs, coordination of camps, youth organizations, school programs, clinics and seminars, instructor certification courses, curriculum updates and modification, and outreach programs to both athletes and coaches. Strong organization and communication skills are mandatory. Creative and innovative thinking is necessary to develop strong regional programs.
- Assist in scheduling and managing all coaching clinics, instructor certification courses, training camps, and seminars at the NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Complex.
- Assist in coordinating all specific training, coaching, clinics, and instructor certification with the appropriate coaches and or instructors at the Complex.
- Assist in coordinating all local, state, national and international archery events held at the Complex. Must be familiar with all styles of tournament archery events; target, field and 3-D.
- Assist in the development and implementation of local, state archery & bowhunting training, coach development, tournaments, and other events with other Regional Archery Centers.
- Research and provide feedback regarding other successful programs—other sports, other Regional Archery Centers, and other countries’ programs.
- Perform all necessary requirements as an archery coach to fulfill the requirements of a Community Olympic Development Program (CODP) through the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
- Assist USA Archery to manage the coaching certification and renewal program with participants from the Complex.
- Ensure that communication with local clubs, teams, athletes, coaches, the City of Yankton, other city parks & recreation departments and other external partners (i.e. SD Game, Fish & Parks, Nebraska Game & Parks Commission, local schools) is performed in a timely and effective manner to enhance archer participation and to coordinate joint programs.
- Be creative and an innovative thinker, providing solutions to improve the programs and management of the entire Complex.
10. Administer and provide high-level coach training for local college/university coaches by visiting their locations and coordinating regional collegiate training events and tournaments.
11. Liaise with local school districts and provide guidance to integrate archery into their standard programs, and provide transition assistance from basic NASP to ASAP, OAS and JOAD after school programs.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Archery Coach and Complex Manager.
*Office environment in NFAA ESDF Yankton Archery Complex-Yankton, South Dakota.
*State of the Art Indoor 70 meter & Outdoor FITA Ranges, 4-28 Target Field Ranges, 2-28 Target 3-D Ranges, Classrooms & Training Rooms, Multi-use Training Room, state of the art computers.
*Some domestic & international travel may be required.
*Non-traditional work hours, including weekends and holidays.
*Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
*Experience in sport management or sport performance or HPER Athletics.
*Experience in coaching and teaching with current Level 4 NTS Certification.
*Exemplary organizational skills and attention to detail.
*Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
*Ability to obtain and maintain clearance to work with children-youth is a mandatory and essential component of this position and continued employment.
*Employee Management skills.
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
*MS Office and Mac-Apple proficiency.
*Ability to manage and work with employees/staff; coaches, instructors and volunteers.
*Strong customer service orientation.
*Creative thinker and innovator.
*Supports transparency, ethical decision-making and always acts with the highest degree of integrity.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
*Standard office equipment.
*Physical fitness & training equipment.
*Standard bow tuning, setup and maintenance.
*Computer equipment-MS and Apple, AV, Dartfish or similar archery specific training equipment.
POSITION REPORTS TO: NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Complex Manager
Please send resume to: NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Complex
Bruce Cull, Complex Manager
800 Archery Lane
Yankton, South Dakota 57078
Deadline for Submission: Position will remain open until filled.
Salary Range: Commensurate to National Upper Level Coaching Positions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.