JOAD Committee seeking two members for the 2011-2012 term
USA Archery's Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) Committee is seeking two members for the 2011-2012 terms - Southern Region and the Eastern Region Representative's.
As a representative you will be asked to:
- Focus on youth character and competitive archery development as a lifetime activity
- Advise the USAA National JOAD Coordinator and the USAA Leadership
- Act as a state association, state JOAD Coordinator and a membership resource
The USAA JOAD Committee meets quarterly by conference call and once a year in person. Day to day communications are primarily by email. General committee business averages 1/2 hour per week. Active committee members take on "special projects" that typically require 2 hours per week. Committee members that can represent the program at USAA events and championships are helpful. The committee chair coordinates committee efforts.
The JOAD Committee is made up of five (5) members that serve two year terms. JOAD Committee members must be at least 18 years old and may serve up to three consecutive two year terms. Committee service is on a volunteer basis. Active participation in a JOAD Club is helpful but not required.
For the 2011-2012 terms the following USAA JOAD Committee member applications are sought:
- Southern Region - Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky.
- Eastern Region - Virginia, West Virgina, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachussets, New Hampshire and Vermont.
If you are interested or know someone that would make a great committee member - nomination forms can be found at http://usarchery.org/pages/7465. The deadline for submission of the nominee materials is October 30, 2010. Please note that all materials are to be submitted electronically to email@example.com