JOAD Report from the Board of Directors Meeting
I want to summarize the important information that came out of the 2009 Board of Directors' meeting that mostly pertains to JOAD in one way or another.
JOAD Age increase:
The USA Archery Board of Director's accepted the recommendation and voted in the age change. The change will go into effect January 1, 2010. These changes will now align USA Archery's JOAD Program with FITA.
- Junior Division will run through the year of their 20th Birthday.
- Cadet Division will run through the year of their 17th Birthday.
- No changes to Cub or Bowman divisions
JOAD Committee Representative's:
The USA Archery Board of Director's accepted the recommendations of John Stover, North Region Representative, Brian Ficker for West Region Representative and Samantha Pruitte for Athlete Representative to the JOAD Committee. John, Brian and Samantha will be joining existing East Region representative Cindy Bevilacqua and South Region representative Tony Obrien.
The 2010/2011 JOAD Committee:
- North Region Representative - John Stover
- South Region Representative - Tony Obrien
- East Region Representative - Cindy Bevilacqua
- West Region Representative - Brian Ficker
- Athlete Representative - Samantha Pruitte
Danage Scoring and Results Team:
One of the major initiatives in the 2010 High Performance Plan is to increase the quality and professionalism of our National events. USA Archery's CEO, Denise Parker, has secured a grant from the Easton Sports Foundations to make possible the use of The Danage Scoring and Results Team at the 2010 JOAD Nationals event, as well as all 2010 USAT and U.S. Target Championship events.