Junior Dream Team - Camp Selection Process, Criteria and Application
The Junior Dream Team (JDT) is made up of a number of select male and female archers of varying ages and abilities. At the end of each calendar year, a varying number of open positions become available for new qualified archers to fill. A Junior Dream Team Selection Camp will be held each year after the outdoor competition season (typically in November or December) to select primary and alternate archers to become members of the JDT. Alternates are used when additional openings become available beyond the initial selection process throughout the next calendar year. The following information describes the process that is used to select potential members and should be used to aid archers, parents, and coaches as they consider applying for JDT membership.
There are minimum criteria that must be met in order to apply to attend the selection camp. The selection camp procedures describe the process that is used to select archers for immediate membership to the JDT or as alternates.
Any archer applying to the JDT selection camp must meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of 12 years of age at the time of the selection camp and a current member of USA Archery.
- Be willing to use the National Training System (NTS) shooting technique.
- Fill out the JDT New Membership Application form.
- Read the JDT Determination and Commitment Memo and sign (archer and his or her parent or legal guardian).
- Have shot a minimum qualifying score (MQS) during the calendar year. These scores must be obtained at a registered Star FITA event. Proof of obtaining the score must accompany the application for membership. This proof can be in the form of a link to a website of published scores, a copy of the published results, or a copy of a signed score card.
To view and complete the JDT Selection Camp application, please click here. Note: please review ALL selection criteria before completing and submitting application.