The process by which athletes qualify for U.S. teams to major international competitions, such as World Championships and the Paralympic Games, is generally posted 12 months before the competition. U.S. Paralympics or the relevant national governing body may use other methods, including invitation, to select teams to other international competitions.
U.S. Para-cycling Teams: If you have/meet ALL of the following criteria, you MAY be eligible for nomination to the 2013 U.S. Paralympics National, Talent Pool, Emerging or Military Cycling teams.
- Hold a 2013 International Cycling Union (UCI) license issued by USA Cycling and,
- Have a UCI Para-Cycling International Classification Status of review or confirmed (or plan to attend a UCI Para-Cycling International Classification prior to September 1, 2013) and,
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old or reach this age by December 31, 2013 and,
- Plan to compete at the 2013 U.S. Paralympics Cycling Road National Championships and,
- Meet U.S. Paralympic Team selection minimum standard(s).
Please see the full 2013 Cycling Team Selection Procedures (coming soon) for complete details.
Cycling Proof of Performance Form