Search committee for USOC Chief Executive Officer announced
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. - The U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) announced today the Search and Screening Committee for the USOC Chief Executive Officer, which consists of nine members representing the U.S. Olympic Family.
The committee is chaired by USOC Board of Directors member Bob Bowlsby, and includes two other members of the USOC Board: USOC Chairman Larry Probst and Mike Plant. It also consists of representatives from five USOC constituent groups: Phil Godfrey (Multi-Sport Organizations), Nina Kemppel and Matt Van Houten (Athletes Advisory Council), Micki King (U.S. Olympians Association), Trygve Myhren (Paralympic Movement), and David Ogrean (National Governing Bodies Council). The AAC received two positions on the committee as per the Ted Stevens Olympic and Amateur Sports Act, which mandates 20 percent membership by recent and active athletes on all USOC committees. Please see below for full titles.
The USOC CEO will be located in Colorado Springs, Colo., and holds overall accountability, responsibility and authority for the management of the business and affairs of the USOC. The CEO is the primary spokesperson and representative of the USOC, building productive relationships within the domestic and global Olympic and Paralympic community.
Also announced today, the USOC has selected global executive search firm Spencer Stuart to be a partner with the USOC in the CEO search process, working closely with the Search and Screening Committee as they interview potential candidates. Spencer Stuart has considerable experience within the world of sport, as well as first-hand experience working with members of the Olympic family.
Details of the Search and Screening Committee are as follows:
Chief Executive Officer Search and Screening Committee
- Bob Bowlsby: USOC Board member, Director of Athletics at Stanford University
- Phil Godfrey: Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Multi-Sport Organization Council, National Senior Games Association (NSGA) President and Chief Executive Officer
- Nina Kemppel: Vice Chair of the Athletes Advisory Council, Co-Chair of the Athlete Support Committee, four-time cross-country skiing Olympian
- Micki King: Vice President of the U.S. Olympians Association, 1972 Olympic diving gold medalist
- Trygve Myhren: co-founder of SkiTAM (annual fundraising event for the U.S. Disabled Ski Team), 2006 U.S. Paralympic Team Chef de Mission, President of Myhren Media, Inc. (pronounced Trig Merren)
- David Ogrean: member of the National Governing Bodies Council, Executive Director of USA Hockey
- Mike Plant: USOC Board member, Atlanta Braves Executive Vice President of Business Operations, 1980 Olympic speedskater
- Larry Probst: USOC Chairman, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Electronic Arts
- Matt Van Houten: Chair of the USOC Athletes Advisory Council, national team handball player