Community Organizations Across U.S. Hosting Paralympic Academy Day Celebrations
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.--Many organizations that partner with U.S. Paralympics will be hosting a local Paralympic Academy day this Fall.
Paralympic Academy is a one-day event geared toward introducing Paralympic sport to individuals with physical disabilities in the local community.
Dates and activities for each event will vary based on the location. Currently, scheduled events include:
- Bridge II Sports - October 18
- Challenge Alaska - October 25
- Champions Made From Adversity (BlazeSports Augusta) - October 14 & 15
- City of Chattanooga - October 11
- City of Colorado Springs - October 25
- City of Las Vegas Adaptive Recreation & Clark County School District - October 15
- Columbus Recreation & Parks Department - November 1
- Louisiana GUMBO, Inc. - November 8
- Miami-Dade Parks & Recreation Leisure Access Services - October 22
- Northeast Passage, Program of the University of New Hampshire - October 26
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) - November 8
- St. Lukes Rehabilitation Institute - October 25
- Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports - January 16-18, 2009
- Western DuPage Special Recreation Association - October 4
A complete list of events can be found in the Paralympic Activity Network.
Find an event near your hometown and get active today!