U.S. Paralympics is partnering with community organizations from across the country to create a network of Paralympic Sport Clubs.
Paralympic Sport Clubs are community-based programs developed to involve youth and adults with physical and visual disabilities in sports and physical activity, regardless of skill level. All programs and activities will be based in the community and are run by the local organization.
With 21 million physically disabled Americans, including active-duty service members and veterans, this is an important community need.
U.S. Paralympics is committed to working with community organizations across the United States to ensure Paralympic Sport Clubs are operating in strategic locations in all 50 states. View a list of current clubs.
Benefits of being a Paralympic Sport Club
The Paralympic Sport Club program provides an excellent opportunity for organizations to attract new audiences, increase and sustain sport and physical activity opportunities in the community and raise the profile of Paralympic sport nationally.
In addition, there are a variety of specific benefits offered to Paralympic Sport Clubs including:
- A license to use the Paralympic Sport Club logo
- A hyperlink from the U.S. Paralympics website, USParalympics.org, to the organization’s website
- Ability to submit news releases and other promotional information for consideration on the U.S. Paralympics website and in other Paralympic communications tools, within parameters established by the USOC
- Ability to post job openings on the TeamUSA.org website
- Eligibility to host a Paralympic Experience each calendar year in the local organizations region or community
- Access to the Paralympic Sport Club Tool Kit, which contains graphic templates including electronic newsletters, posters, banners, recruitment cards, certificate of participation, tri-fold brochure, a Paralympic Experience flyer and more
- Opportunity to post an organizational profile in the Paralympic Resource Network, an online database that lists Paralympic sport programs nationwide
- Ability to participate in the Paralympic Sport Club Excellence Program designed to support and recognize Paralympic Sport Clubs as they evolve their sport programming in various areas, including athlete identification and coaching education, and to recognize their contribution to the Paralympic Movement
- Access to a SafeSport campaign and a volunteer management and background check program through Operation TLC2
- Opportunities to apply for grants that are periodically developed to enhance and expand programming
- One tuition scholarship for a Paralympic Sport Club coach or executive, as selected by the local operator, to attend select U.S. Paralympics conferences held by the USOC
- Subscription to the U.S. Paralympics eNewsletter, containing information about upcoming events, partner organizations and other Paralympic sport information
- Paralympic Sport Club technical support
- Consideration for annual award nominations such as the Amazing Leader and Amazing Sport Club awards
- Consideration for the bi-weekly Paralympic Sport Club Spotlight feature on USParalympics.org and other digital and social media outreach
- Occasional national partner recognition and sponsorship at the local level
After viewing the Paralympic Sport Club Overview for program information and eligibility requirements, applicants can fill out the form electronically and submit it by clicking the "Submit Form" button at the bottom of the last page. You may also print it out and fax it back to (719) 866-2029, Attn: Paralympic Sport Club Program.
For more information on how your organization can apply to become a Paralympic Sport Club, please contact Dan Schwieder.