Paralympic Sport Clubs
U.S. Paralympics is partnering with community organizations from across the country to create a network of Paralympic Sport Clubs that provide local sport programming for people with Paralympic-eligible impairments, including physical disabilities and visual impairments. While many Paralympic Sport Clubs focus on grassroots programming, many also provide opportunities at the national and international levels.
To view a list of current clubs, click here.
By supporting Paralympic Sport Clubs with resources including coaching education and program development courses, U.S. Paralympics and its National Governing Bodies/High Performance Management Organizations have helped increase the availability of sport programming for Americans with Paralympic-eligible impairments.
Currently operating in 48 states and Washington, D.C., U.S. Paralympics is committed to partnering with organizations across the United States to ensure Paralympic Sport Clubs are available in all 50 states. If your organization is interested in becoming a Paralympic Sport Club, continue reading below.
Interested in finding your local Paralympic Sport Club? Click here.
Benefits of being a Paralympic Sport Club
The Paralympic Sport Club program provides an excellent opportunity for organizations to attract new audiences, increase and sustain sport and physical activity opportunities in the community and raise the profile of Paralympic sport nationally.
In addition, there are a variety of specific benefits offered to Paralympic Sport Clubs including:
- A license to use the Paralympic Sport Club logo
- A hyperlink from the U.S. Paralympics website, USParalympics.org, to the organization’s website
- Eligibility to host a Gateway to Gold Experience (formerly Paralympic Experience) each calendar year
- Access to the Paralympic Sport Club Resource Site, which contains operations handbook, PSC Excellence Program, PSC toolkit containing graphic templates, Gateway to Gold material, SafeSport, USOC sponsor resources, logos, and more
- Opportunity to post an organizational profile in the Paralympic Resource Network, an online database that lists Paralympic sport programs nationwide
- Ability to participate in the Paralympic Sport Club Excellence Program designed to support and recognize Paralympic Sport Clubs as they evolve their sport programming in various areas, including athlete identification and coaching education, and to recognize their contribution to the Paralympic Movement
- Access to the Team USA Mobile Coach App with possible fees associated with its use in selected sports
- Opportunities to apply for grants that are periodically developed to enhance and expand programming
- Access to educational and sport development material such as American Development Model for Paralympic Sport, sport classification, Paralympic Sport Coaching Guide and more
- Access to a network of National Governing Bodies/High Performance Management Organizations for collaboration opportunities and other sport development resources
- Paralympic Sport Club technical support
- Ability to post job openings on the TeamUSA.org website
- Access to digital and social media for networking and outreach
- Occasional national partner recognition and sponsorship at the local level
After viewing the Paralympic Sport Club Overview for program information and eligibility requirements, applicants can fill out the form through the online application portal.
For more information on how your organization can become a Paralympic Sport Club, please contact Dan Schwieder.