US Biathlon Team Announcement for World Cup 4 and IBU Cup 4
New Gloucester, ME (December 17, 2012) - The International Competition Committee of US Biathlon met today and announces the following teams:
World Cup 4
- Susan Dunklee (Barton, VT)
- Sara Studebaker (Boise, ID)
- Annelies Cook (Saranac Lake, NY) - discretionary selection based on ranking as the 3rd women in WC points and second fastest ski times.
- Tim Burke (Paul Smiths, NY)
- Lowell Bailey (Lake Placid, NY)
- Russell Currier (Stockholm, ME)
- Leif Nordgren (Marine, MN) – discretionary selection based on two top 60 WC finishes and fourth best skiing among the World Cup team members
IBU Cup 4
- Lanny Barnes (Durango, CO) – from World Cup qualification
- Tracy Barnes (Durango, CO) – from Nov/Dec IBU Cup qualification
- Hannah Dreissigacker (Craftsbury, Vermont) – IBU Cup trials winner
- Katrina Howe (Gilford, New Hampshire) – discretionary selection from IBU Cup trials*
- Jay Hakkinen (Kasilof, AK) – from World Cup qualification
- Jeremy Teela (Heber City, UT)– from Nov/Dec IBU Cup qualification
- Bill Bowler (Wausau, Wisconsin) – IBU Cup trials winner
- Wynn Roberts (Battle Lake, MN) – discretionary selection from IBU Cup trials*
* Due to US Biathlon financial constraints participation by the additional athletes selected by discretion from the IBU Cup trials will be on a self-pay basis.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact ICC Chairman Jay T. Kearney (JayT@ospreyleadership.com) or CEO Max Cobb (Max.Cobb@USBiathlon.org). Good luck and happy holidays!