US Biathlon Tryout Camp
Olympic Training Center
Lake Placid, NY
Start June 23rd, after lunch
End: June 26th, after lunch
US Biathlon is looking for talented endurance athletes who are interested in becoming world-class competitors. The tryout camp will help us evaluate your stage in this journey.
- Physical tests, e.g. uphill run, 30 meter test
- Strength tests and flexibility screening
- Roller ski technique training with World Cup athletes Tim Burke, Susan Dunklee and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel
- Shooting drills and precision test
- Question and answer sessions with World Cup athletes Tim Burke, Susan Dunklee and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel
- Final running Biathlon competition running at the Olympic Biathlon venue Mt van Hoevenberg
- Gear for indoor and outdoor sport
- Gym shoes
- Running shoes
- Roller skis, ski boots, poles
- Writing material
Applications: please fill out the attached application form and email it to US Biathlon Chief of Sport Bernd Eisenbichler:email@example.com
Invitations: will go out latest by May 20th
Travel: Applicants are responsible for their own travel. Those arriving by air should plan to arrive in Albany, NY.
Housing & Meals: The camp will take place at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. Meals and lodging will be provided there.