Social Promotional Rules - Twitter
United States Olympic Committee Social Promotional Rules
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The “100 Days Out Giveaway” on Twitter (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by the U.S. Olympic Committee (“USOC” or “Sponsor”). Contest is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification.
This Giveaway is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Aeropostale.
1. PERIOD: Giveaway will be hosted on October 29, 2013 and will run during the hours of 10:00am Eastern Time (ET) until 5:00pm ET on the selected day (the “Giveaway Period”). Consult the official US Olympic Twitter page for up-to-date information.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Giveaway is open to legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, at least 18 years old at time of entry. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren) and/or household members of individuals employed by the USOC are ineligible to participate. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. HOW IT WORKS: The “100 Days Out’ Giveaway” on Twitter is comprised of one entry period. The first 3 people to complete the entry requirements will receive the prize as detailed below. You must have a Twitter account in order to enter.
5. HOW TO ENTER AND WIN: Follow @USOlympic on Twitter for the initial announcement. After the initial announcement is posted, take a picture of yourself in front of the Olympic window display located in the Aeropostale in Times Square, New York, NY (1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036) and tweet the picture with the following message: ‘@USOlympic 100 days on the #RoadToSochi. #RaiseYourHands #100DaysOutGiveaway.’ The first three (3) eligible entrants to successfully tweet a picture conforming to the Submission Guidelines set out below in front of the #Olympic display will each win two (2) VIP bracelets to attend the concert hosted by the United States Olympic Committee in Times Square, New York, NY on October 29, 2013 at 7:00 pm. Entries will be considered received in the order in which they are displayed on the Twitter.com home page of the @USOlympic account, based on the timestamp associated with the entrant’s tweet by Twitter. All decisions of Sponsor concerning all matters related to this Giveaway are final.
Winner(s) will be notified by a Twitter direct message sent to the Twitter account that submitted the winner’s entry. Winner(s) must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases. If any attempted notification is not successful within ten (10) days, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries, in accordance with the judging criteria and Submission Guidelines set out in these Official Rules.
All entries must be complete and legible in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. Limit one entry per Twitter account for the duration of the Giveaway Period. All entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account. Duplicate or multiple entries will be disqualified. Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of a Twitter account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Giveaway.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to technical/network failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
All entries become the property of Sponsor, and Sponsor reserves the right to use entrant’s name and/or likeness and/or entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrant hereby grants USOC, its successors and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted right and license, with the right to sublicense through multiple tiers, to use entrant’s submission in any medium, including without limitation posting the submission on any and all USOC digital platforms, including but not limited to TeamUSA.org, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. USOC will have no obligation to republish or use any submission, and any submission republished or posted may be removed by the USOC at any time, for any reason. Posting of submission in online gallery, or republishing or using the submission in any other medium, will have no bearing on eligibility for the Giveaway or winner determination.
6. Prize. Each of three (3) winners will receive two (2) V.I.P. bracelets to attend the concert in Times Square hosted by the United States Olympic Committee on October 29, 2013 at 7:00 pm. Approximate retail value: $200.00. Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as any license and registration or other fees incurred by participation in the Giveaway. Prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash, sold, or traded. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by Winner(s) is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY: Winner(s) must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Proof of U.S. residency, age, and identity are required to claim a prize. Winner(s) are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that a winner is determined to be ineligible or fails to respond to Sponsor within ten (10) days of notification, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries, in accordance with the judging criteria and Submission Guidelines set out in these Official Rules.
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name and/or likeness and/or winning entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. SPONSOR’S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: These Official Rules are subject to modification by USOC. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by USOC are final and binding. USOC reserves the right to cancel or modify the Giveaway if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond USOC’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Giveaway, as determined by USOC in its sole discretion. USOC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual deemed to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, defaced, incomplete, stolen, illegible, indiscernible, mutilated, illegally obtained, or misdirected entries, or for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway, or announcement of the prize and/or all Giveaway-related materials. BY ENTERING THIS GIVEAWAY, WINNERS AND ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE UNITED STATES OLYMPIC COMMITTEE, TWITTER, AEROPOSTALE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH), OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY GIVEAWAY RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GIVEAWAY. YOU MAY NOT USE TWITTER FOR ANY UNLAWFUL PURPOSES OR IN FURTHERANCE OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.
10. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Determination of compliance with these Official Rules will be in the sole discretion of USOC.
- ·Submission may not include photos of anyone under the age of 18, or photos taken by anyone under the age of 18.
• Submission must not contain, incorporate or reference anything that is owned by any third party or entity or would require the consent of any third party or entity in any jurisdiction.
• Submission must be your original work that has not won a previous prize or award. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as Entrant’s original creation.
• The Submission must not contain/display any unacceptable clothing or adornments, or identifiable commercial/corporate advertising other than USOC’s and Aeropostale (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans).
• Submission must not contain any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
• The Submission must not contain any material embodying the names, likenesses or other indicia identifying celebrities and/or other public figures, living or dead.
• The Submission must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group).
• The Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
• Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others.
• Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with USOC.
• Submission must not refer, depict or in any way reflect negatively upon USOC, the Contest or any other person or entity.
• Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
• If the Submission contains any person(s) other than the entrant, by entering this Contest, entrant attests that he/she has received permission from other person(s) depicted in the photo Submission for Sponsor to use their likenesses for publicity including, but not limited to posting on website(s) and must make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. IMPORTANT: If you are selected as a potential prize winner, any other person depicted in photo Submission may be required to sign a publicity release, except where prohibited by law.
• Entrant must receive prior written permission from the photographer of the photo if the photo Submission was taken by someone other than the entrant him/herself. Entrant must make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request.
• By entering, entrant hereby grants USOC the right to republish, post, or otherwise use Submission on USOC digital platforms, including but not limited to TeamUSA.org, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and/or in any other medium.
• Not all Submissions will be posted online or otherwise used or republished, and those posted may be removed by USOC at any time, for any reason. Posting of Submission in online gallery, or republishing or using the submission in any other medium, will have no bearing on eligibility for the contest or winner determination.
12. WINNER(S) LIST: For the name of winner(s), please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “100 Days Out Giveaway” on Twitter Winner’s List, to 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO, 80909.
NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, USOC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. USOC is not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. USOC assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. USOC reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by USOC, in its sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted on Twitter. In the event a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, submission will be deemed made by the person whose name appears on the Twitter account. Any damage made to the Web Site by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by USOC. Any submissions which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by USOC. USOC reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules.