12 Facts You Didn't Know About Team USA's Sochi Medalists
Sure, you already know that Team USA is one talented bunch of athletes. But do you know which one of our famous faces plays the violin? Or which athlete’s parents let him name himself after birth? Find out the answers to these and 10 more fun facts about Team USA athletes who recently hit the media circuit...
1. Ice dance gold medalist Meryl Davis speaks Russian:
2. Super-G bronze medalist Bode Miller’s parents let him choose his own name after birth:
3. Slopestyle snowboarding gold medalist Sage Kotsenburg is a dead ringer for Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger:
4. You will only catch slopestyle skiing silver medalist Devin Logan singing karaoke if she has backup:
5. The youngest women’s slalom Olympic champion, Mikaela Shiffrin, watched figure skating before her Olympic race for inspiration:
6. The most-decorated snowboarder of all time, Kelly Clark, doesn’t get scared. She says she is “not wired that way”:
7. Slopestyle snowboarding gold medalist Jamie Anderson will always fly with her gold medal because it got her a free upgrade:
8. Slopestyle skiing silver medalist Gus Kenworthy says after landing on the box he now only eats Kellogg’s Corn Flakes. We hope that’s not all he eats?!?
9. Halfpipe skiing gold medalist David Wise admits to being extremely superstitious:
10. Figure skating team event bronze medalist Gracie Gold’s Hollywood crush is Josh Hutcherson:
11. Halfpipe snowboarding gold medalist Kaitlyn Farrington admits to listening to music while competing, but only in one ear:
12. Ice dance gold medalist Charlie White can play the violin: