COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- In celebration of Black History Month, the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) will pay tribute to Olympic Great Bob Beamon. This year marks the 40th anniversary of Beamon's historic long jump of 29 feet and 2 1/2 inches at the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games. Not only was Beamon's leap the longest in history at the time, his Olympic Games record still stands today. The USOC will celebrate Beamon's accomplishment during a week-long list of activities February 25-29. The agenda for the week and specific information is detailed below. Monday, February 25
- Bob Beamon"Olympic Great Profile"will be featured on the USOC website: www.usolympicteam.org. Tuesday, February 26
- Teleconference with Bob Beamon and 2008 U.S. Olympic long jump hopefuls Dwight Phillips (Tucker, Ga) and Tiana Madison (Elyria, Ohio) at 10:00 a.m. (Mountain Time) . - Call-in teleconference number is 1-800-311-9410 and the verbal password is Beijing08. Wednesday, February 27
- Video interview with Bob Beamon will be featured on the USOC website: www.usolympicteam.org. Thursday, February 28
- Bob Beamon Track , Field Clinic at Sierra High School at 3:00 p.m., 2250 Jet Wing Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80916. Media interested in attending the assembly must contact the Sierra High School office at 719-579-2090. -"An Evening with Bob Beamon"-Reception at the U.S. Olympic Complex-Visitor Center at 5:00 p.m. followed by remarks from Bob at 6:00 p.m. RSVPs are required for"An Evening with Bob Beamon". RSVP to Erica Hutchinson, USOC Associate Director of Community Relations and Visitor Center, at 719-866-4604 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Friday, February 29
- School assembly with Bob Beamon at Sierra High School at 9:00 a.m. , 2250 Jet Wing Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80916 To obtain information on any of the activities listed above, please contact USOC Associate Director, Erica Hutchinson at 719-866-4604 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.