USA Volleyball Beach Coaching Accreditation Program
"A lot of indoor players are specialists, but on the beach you need to play all phases well, and you need a lot of ball control."
-Karch Kiraly, three-time Olympic Gold Medalist (1984 and 1988 Indoor, 1996 Beach)
The USA Volleyball’s Beach Coaching Accreditation Program (BCAP) is an intensive course designed to:
- Provide indoor and beach coaches with the necessary tools to run successful beach programs.
- Provide beach coaches with a forum to exchange ideas and develop teaching skills.
- Coaches should be active participants throughout this course, sharing ideas on technique, drill design, strategy and pedagogy.
- Coaches are encouraged to ask questions and make suggestions throughout the course.
- Coaches are also required to get sandy!
Why Play Beach Volleyball?
Doubles provides the best in random, game-like volleyball experiences with a high number of contacts per person. Each player's weaknesses are practiced throughout the game - if you're a bad passer, you get served. If you're a bad setter, you partner is served and you must set.
You are forced to become a better player, and to extend your range on defense as you are required to cover the entire court. You develop communication skills with a single partner before moving on to a 6-person system. You are able to enhance strength and conditioning through increased movement.
You learn the responsibility of playing every play with your partner. Whether it's on the beach or grass, 4-on-4 or 2-on-2, outdoor volleyball is a fun and effective way to gain valuable playing experience and to get an edge on other players. Play hard, play often and play outdoors to become a better all-around player.
Click here for Beach CAP I requirements for certification!
Your Success Is Our Goal!
Please click any link on the left to read more information on that specific topic.
|Click the following link to register for this course or view upcoming USAV Coaching Education Events.
Coaching Education Events Schedule