Team USA exceeded expectations in Beijing with two quarterfinal finishes in the women’s team and singles events. The 2012 team will have many new faces, but the first step will be to qualify against a very strong Canadian team with a number of experienced veterans on both the men’s and women’s side. Singles and team events will be contested in London on both the men’s and women’s side.
- USA Table Tennis boasts the youngest female team to compete in world championships and Pan American Games.
- There is a wide-open field on the men’s side to earn the right to battle Canada for limited spots (three).
- There is a brother-sister duo (Adam and Judy Hugh) on the National Team.
- Ariel Hsing
- Lilly Zhang
- Erica Wu
- Prachi Jha
- Judy Hugh
- Mark Hazinski
- Timothy Wang
- Yiyong Fan
- Michael Landers
- Adam Hugh
If approved by the U.S. Olympic Committee, there will be two separate trials: one U.S. Olympic Trials and one North American Olympic Trials for singles and the team event.
- Feb. 8-12, 2012: U.S. Olympic Trials – Cary, N.C.
- April 18-22, 2012: North American Olympic Trials –Cary, N.C.