WORLD SPORT CHICAGO
POSITION TITLE: Graphics and Creative Media Production Intern
ABOUT WORLD SPORT CHICAGO:
World Sport Chicago is an independent, 501c(3) non-profit organization founded as the living legacy of the Chicago 2016 Olympic and Paralympic bid. In this role WSC promotes the awareness of and involvement in Olympic and Paralympic sports to the youth of Chicago. While not generally a direct service provider, the organization provides national and local resources, on-going expertise, networking and financial support to grow and enhance sport opportunities in some of Chicago’s most at-risk communities. WSC partners with some of the leading sport service providers to enhance their reach and effectiveness in these communities and works with academic institutions to promote learning opportunities and research around urban sport engagement. WSC seeks to grow a passion for sport and help Chicago children find the sport that will help their dreams grow.
The main focus of the position will be to provide support for WSC's creative media production needs. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with WSC web content management and general maintenance of the web site
- Create promotional and informational materials (flyers, handouts, brochures, etc.) for WSC events & programs and organization wide
- Take photo journalism and marketing photography at WSC events/programs
- Assist with photo editing and selection
- Assist with aspects of video production for WSC web site and YouTube channel
- Assist with collateral development and production oversight
- Assist with sport production (ceremonies, half-time presentations, arts & culture programming) and event design (branding, sound, lighting)
- Assist with the organization of WSC's photo and video archives
- Assist with collateral and asset tracking and storage
- Assist with marketing outreach and exposure tracking
Other Administrative duties may include:
- Archiving and filing of soft and hard files
- Program data collection, management and reporting
- Equipment inventory, catalog and purchasing planning
- Assist with WSC research projects when needed
- Assist with WSC events when needed
- Must demonstrate previous experience or relevant course work in marketing, design or graphic design
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Highly Creative (a link to an electronic portfolio of work is recommended)
- Strong leadership abilities and a self-starter; able to work independently or as a part of a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization; ability to work well under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for events
- Willingness to learn
- Graphics experience strongly preferred
- Basic website management experience and/or familiarity with HTML preferred
- Candidates with familiarity or expertise with graphic design and publication software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) will be given additional consideration
- Candidates with familiarity or expertise in photo or video journalism, production or editing will be given additional consideration
The hours for this position are highly flexible but do require a minimum of fifteen (15) hours per week as a combination of in-office and out-of-office time. This position will require availability during normal business hours but does allow for flexible or non-traditional scheduling. Some non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) may be required do to the nature of this position.
This position is an unpaid internship. Interns working twenty-four (24) hours per week or more will be eligible to receive a meal and transportation stipend of $15 per day for every full day worked (four hours or more) and $5 per day for every half day worked (less than four hours).
One internship position will be filled on a rolling basis, year round for eight to twelve (8-12) week commitments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply through World Sport Chicago's Internship Application Portal (https://www.wizehive.com/appform/login/intern. Candidates should only submit one application per time period but may reapply at any time for a different time period. Only complete applications will be considered.
Questions can be directed via email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information on World Sport Chicago can be found at www.worldsportchicago.org.