WORLD SPORT CHICAGO
POSITION TITLE: Sponsorship and Corporate Development Intern
ABOUT WORLD SPORT CHICAGO:
World Sport Chicago is an independent, 501c(3) non-profit organization founded as the living legacy of the Chicago 2016 Olympic and Paralympic bid. In this role WSC promotes the awareness of and involvement in Olympic and Paralympic sports to the youth of Chicago. While not generally a direct service provider, the organization provides national and local resources, on-going expertise, networking and financial support to grow and enhance sport opportunities in some of Chicago’s most at-risk communities. WSC partners with some of the leading sport service providers to enhance their reach and effectiveness in these communities and works with academic institutions to promote learning opportunities and research around urban sport engagement. WSC seeks to grow a passion for sport and help Chicago children find the sport that will help their dreams grow.
In this position an intern will work with the Director of Development on sponsorship and product donations for various World Sport Chicago events and other community-based programs.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Sales and Sponsorship – research and analyze marketing needs/opportunities for prospects; proposal development; calling and emailing potential sponsors and vendors; requesting and reviewing proposals; managing the completion of all forms and contracts; updating vendor/sponsor tracking spreadsheets
- Sponsor Activation – assisting with the development of custom marketing/benefit activation plans for each sponsor; tracking the benefit packages for each sponsor; ensuring fulfillment and documentation of sponsor activation and benefits (print, web, on-site promotions, signage, media, etc.); helping develop post-event reports that showcase each sponsor’s exposure and proves the fulfillment of each of their benefits
- Sponsor Communication and Recognition - overseeing the monthly sponsor newsletter and sponsor update reports; managing the sponsor highlight section in the WSC Volunteer Newsletter and the WSC Board Newsletter; responding to sponsor inquires and requests; managing communication and flow of information to the vendors/sponsors
- Hospitality and VIP Experience - managing VIP invitations and RSVP lists to ensure sponsor engagement; creating and managing an enjoyable and memorable experience for all the VIP guests which include: sponsors, community and political leaders, professional athletes, Olympians and Paralympians, board members and other key contributors
- On-site Support: working with vendors and sponsors on the details of their involvement; ensuring all vendors and sponsors are fully supported and have all the tools and resources they need; managing the signage and branding needs for all sponsors/vendors; serving as a contact person at the event for sponsors and vendors; assisting with media and VIP experience
- Administrative Support – scheduling meetings; securing meeting space; data entry; report generation and monitoring; etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization; ability to work well under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Experience with sales, business development, fundraising, and/or product donation solicitation
- Knowledge of marketing and experience promoting an event, a company, or a brand preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with VIP’s and clients at all levels
- Strong leadership abilities and a self-starter able to work independently or as a part of a team
The hours for this position are highly flexible but do require a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours per week in-office, during normal business hours. Some non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) may also be required do to the nature of this position.
This position is an unpaid internship. Interns will receive a meal and transportation stipend of $15 per day for every full day worked (four hours or more) and $5 per day for every half day worked (less than four hours).
There are opportunities starting in January, April, June and September. An eight to twelve week minimum commitment is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply through World Sport Chicago's Internship Application Portal https://www.wizehive.com/appform/login/intern. Candidates should only submit one application per time period but may reapply at any time for a different time period. Only complete applications will be considered.
Questions can be directed via email to email@example.com.
Additional information on World Sport Chicago can be found at www.worldsportchicago.org.