WORLD SPORT CHICAGO
POSITION TITLE: Digital Communications Intern
ABOUT WORLD SPORT CHICAGO:
World Sport Chicago is an independent, 501c(3) non-profit organization founded as the living legacy of the Chicago 2016 Olympic and Paralympic bid. In this role WSC promotes the awareness of and involvement in Olympic and Paralympic sports to the youth of Chicago. While not generally a direct service provider, the organization provides national and local resources, on-going expertise, networking and financial support to grow and enhance sport opportunities in some of Chicago’s most at-risk communities. WSC partners with some of the leading sport service providers to enhance their reach and effectiveness in these communities and works with academic institutions to promote learning opportunities and research around urban sport engagement. WSC seeks to grow a passion for sport and help Chicago children find the sport that will help their dreams grow.
The main focus of the position will be to provide support for all of WSC’s web and digital communications and constituent messaging functions. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with WSC's web content writing, including: features, profiles, event previews and event recaps
- Assist with media alert and release development, drafting and distribution
- Assist with the development and execution of pitching strategies and media campaigns
- Assist with content writing for WSC monthly newsletters, flyers, brochures and special publications
- Assist with blogging, new media and social media content development
- Attend WSC events/programs and write feature articles to post on WSC web site
- Assist with the development of strategic messaging and staff talking points
- Assist with content editing and review
- Assist with clipping, impression tracking and performance metrics
Other Administrative duties may include:
- Archiving and filing of soft and hard files
- Program data collection, management and reporting
- Assist with WSC research projects when needed
- Assist with WSC events when needed
- Must demonstrate previous experience or relevant coursework in communications, journalism or writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
- Strong leadership abilities and a self-starter; able to work independently or as a part of a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization; ability to work well under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for events
- Willingness to learn
- Journalism experience strongly preferred
- Candidates with familiarity or expertise in photo or video journalism, production or editing will be given additional consideration
The hours for this position are somewhat flexible but do require a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week as a combination of in-office and out-of-office time. This position will require availability during normal business hours but does allow for flexible or non-traditional scheduling. Some non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) may also be required do to the nature of this position.
This position is an unpaid internship. Interns will receive a meal and transportation stipend of $15 per day for every full day worked (four hours or more) and $5 per day for every half day worked (less than four hours).
One internship position will be filled on a rolling basis, year round for eight to twelve (8-12) week commitments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply through World Sport Chicago's Internship Application Portal (https://www.wizehive.com/appform/login/intern). Candidates should only submit one application per time period but may reapply at any time for a different time period. Only complete applications will be considered.
Questions can be directed via email to email@example.com.
Additional information on World Sport Chicago can be found at www.worldsportchicago.org.