WORLD SPORT CHICAGO
POSITION TITLE: Branding and Strategic Marketing Intern
ABOUT WORLD SPORT CHICAGO:
World Sport Chicago is an independent, 501c(3) non-profit organization founded as the living legacy of the Chicago 2016 Olympic and Paralympic bid. In this role WSC promotes the awareness of and involvement in Olympic and Paralympic sports to the youth of Chicago. While not generally a direct service provider, the organization provides national and local resources, on-going expertise, networking and financial support to grow and enhance sport opportunities in some of Chicago’s most at-risk communities. WSC partners with some of the leading sport service providers to enhance their reach and effectiveness in these communities and works with academic institutions to promote learning opportunities and research around urban sport engagement. WSC seeks to grow a passion for sport and help Chicago children find the sport that will help their dreams grow.
The main focus of the position will be to provide support for WSC's strategic marketing and corporate branding management. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist members of the staff with branding efforts and help to identify branding opportunities
- Assist in the development of corporate branding policies and standards
- Assist in marketing campaign development and delivery
- Assist in demographics analysis and message performance
- Assist with partner compliance reviews to ensure brand standards compliance
- Assist in tracking network reach, true reach and return on investment results
- Assist in the development of reports, action and reaction plans
Other Administrative duties may include:
- Archiving and filing of soft and hard files
- Program data collection, management and reporting
- Assist with WSC research projects when needed
- Assist with WSC events when needed
- Must demonstrate previous experience or relevant course work in marketing or a related field
- Must demonstrate previous leadership experience and experience working as a part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- A self-starter, able to work independently or as a part of a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and organization; ability to work well under tight deadlines and on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for events
- Willingness to learn
- Intermediate marketing experience preferred
- Candidates with a familiarity in applying marketing return on investment tracking, analytics and metrics will be given additional consideration
- Candidates with a familiarity in applying new media for commercial use will be given additional consideration
The hours for this position are somewhat flexible but do require a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours per week primarily in-office during traditional business hours. Some non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) may be required do to the nature of this position.
This position is an unpaid internship. Interns will receive a meal and transportation stipend of $15 per day for every full day worked (four hours or more) and $5 per day for every half day worked (less than four hours).
One internship position will be filled on a rolling basis, year round for eight to twelve (8-12) week commitments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply through World Sport Chicago's Internship Application Portal (https://www.wizehive.com/appform/login/intern). Candidates should only submit one application per time period but may reapply at any time for a different time period. Only complete applications will be considered.
Questions can be directed via email to email@example.com.
Additional information on World Sport Chicago can be found at www.worldsportchicago.org.