High Performance Chef, High Performance Department
The United States Ski and Snowboard Association
This position is an active member of the High Performance team of the United States Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA). This position delivers performance foods for athletes training at the Center of Excellence (COE) in Park City Utah; provides food service education for staff, athletes, & coaches; and facilitates travel nutrition assistance for teams training and competing nationally and internationally.
Bachelor’s degree in nutrition
Culinary or Food Management degree and/or certificate
- At least 3 years of experience working in the culinary field
- Participation in the provision of food service support to elite athlete
- Establishment of menus for nutrition impacted medical conditions
- An ability to travel extensively to execute food service support for USSA athletes
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
- Capacity to work independently and plan operationally and strategically
- Strongly supports and abides by the USSA core values
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association High Performance Chef must:
- Develop, deliver and manage the applied performance chef services and support for all USSA elite athletic programs.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing applied high performance services to athletes and coaches.
- Develop and deliver group & individual nutrition and cooking education presentations and culinary topics in formal and informal settings for coaches, athletes, and food service staff.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel nutrition strategies to include menu development; procuring and transporting food products; liaison with airlines, hotels, and venue operators; coordinating personal chefs and staff.
- Assist in design and implementation of menus for the Winter Olympic Games.
- Develop resources and equipment to foster a world-class training environment.
- Build and balance budgets for the food services arm of the department.
- Have knowledge of sports nutrition needs for a diversity of winter sports, energy systems and metabolic processes.
- Supervise and educate the food service interns and volunteers at the COE.
This position works from the USSA training center/Center of Excellence. Hours – 7:00 am – 4:00 pm weekdays. Occasional weekend, early morning or evening work will be required to deliver high performance services, especially when traveling with teams.
TO APPLY submit resume to: email@example.com