US Figure Skating
Marketing and Development Intern
U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colo., is accepting applications for the position of Marketing and Development Intern. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
September 1, 2014 – February 28, 2015 (or mutually agreed upon date). Hours per week are flexible dependent upon class schedule with a minimum of 15 working hours per week.
The marketing and development intern will be responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work in a team environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, accuracy, timeliness, flexibility and professionalism.
- Education: A minimum of three years of undergraduate study in sports management, marketing or related field.
- Professional experience in the sports/entertainment field is a plus
- Passion for sport management and marketing
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Self- starting attitude with the ability to multi-task and take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to form and maintain professional relationships
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to participate fully in the internship and should be open to limited travel
Intern (independent contractor), no benefits will be provided
Candidate will be responsible for arranging all travel to and housing in Colorado Springs. This position is not affiliated with the USOC intern program
Reports directly to Coordinator, Sponsor Relations
Not applicable; U.S. Figure Skating will supply documentation for any class credit requirements based on intern hours and responsibilities.
Send cover letter, resume and two references to: Lindsay McAllister, Coordinator, Sponsor Relations, Marketing & Communications, U.S. Figure Skating, 20 First Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls will be accepted. Review of resumes and applications will begin immediately.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with managing sponsor accounts and contract fulfillment
- Update sponsor timelines and itineraries for national events
- Manage credential lists and hotel rooming lists for national events
- Assist with the planning of Sponsor/VIP Hospitality at national events
- Work with internal departments to create and order signage needed for national events
- Assist with the management of www.shopusfigureskating.org including the execution of various promotional and marketing campaigns to promote the site
- Manage internal email marketing system and assist with the creation and distribution of email marketing campaigns
- Special projects as assigned
- Assist with communications and mailings to Friends of Figure Skating members and various scholarship programs
- Manage scholarship program applications and ensure all applicants meet the application requirements
- Manage alumni ticket inventory for national events
- Assist with the planning of special events and receptions at national events
- Assist with the procuring items for online auctions and putting together unique packages to be sold through online and event auctions
- Special projects as assigned
- Manage advertising accounts and inventory in SKATING Magazine
- Communicate with advertisers on a regular basis as needed
- Reach out to prospective advertisers
- Field incoming calls and emails related to print and digital advertising
- Assist with advertising updates on www.usfigureskating.org and www.icenetwork.com