U.S. Figure Skating
Coordinator, Video Production
U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colo., is accepting applications for the position of Coordinator, Video Production. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
The Coordinator, Video Production is responsible for the completion of tasks listed herein. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work in a team environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, accuracy, timeliness, flexibility and professionalism.
A bachelor’s degree in film, television, communications or marketing and/or related experience in a professional video production environment is required. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience is required, preferably in a video production department or television station environment.
Position will report to the Director, Event Production within the Event Department structure.
Commensurate with experience
Send letter of application, a current resume and video production resume reel (please provide a digital file or online link to work samples) by June 13, 2014 to: Coordinator, Video Production, U.S. Figure Skating, 20 First Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80906 or to Events@usfigureskating.org. No calls will be accepted regarding this position. Review of applicants will begin the week of June 23. The anticipated start date for this position is Aug. 1.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
This position will focus primarily on the concept creation and production of video elements for internal departments and U.S. Figure Skating events/programs. Additionally, the position will provide overall video project support and will assist with the daily video needs of U.S. Figure Skating which includes but is not limited to; shooting and editing, ingesting and tagging video, fulfilling video licensing requests, maintaining and updating camera equipment and hardware, and managing external production partners.
- Develop original content to promote U.S. Figure Skating programs and events.
- Work collaboratively in the production of video elements with the Director of Event Production, U.S. Figure Skating Departments and external constituents.
- Responsible for the shooting, producing, directing and editing of video content
- Shoots video leading up to and during live events, including interviews, press conferences and behind the scenes footage.
- Shoots video for non-event purposes, as needed, including promotional, public relations and marketing initiatives, in-studio interviews, training b-roll, specialty projects, etc.
- Contributes to the management of the current video library
- Serves as production assistant
- Assists in the management and maintenance of production hardware
- Procure and manage external production partners for U.S. Figure Skating events
- Creates graphical elements to be utilized for a variety of production projects
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge and understanding of video production process
- Experience working on a nonlinear editing system (Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut7)
- Knowledge in video codecs and working with different file types
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with using broadcast quality video cameras (Canon XF cameras) and there various codecs as well as setting up equipment such as lighting or backdrops.
- Ability to work with ¾”, DVD, BetaSP, Digi-Beta, HDCam, VHS,
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours at night & weekends as required
- Ability to travel to events as assigned ranging from 3-14 days.
- Office environment in multi-story building on multi-building site
- Ability to lift 50lbs