US Figure Skating
Coordinator, Digital Communications
U.S. Figure Skating, the national governing body for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colo., is accepting applications for the Coordinator, Digital Communications position (formerly Coordinator, Web Content). U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC), and the International Skating Union (ISU).
The Coordinator, Digital Communications is responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. Emphasis will be placed on creativity, the ability to work in a team environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, accuracy, timeliness, flexibility and professionalism.
- Applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field; master’s degree in sport management, related field or communications/sports information experience preferred.
- Candidates will have a minimum of two years of progressive experience managing content, strategy and maintenance of content-driven websites and social media platforms.
- Candidates must posses highly developed organization and planning skills; the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; extensive written and verbal communication skills; and a willingness to work evenings and weekend hours and travel as needed.
- Candidates must have strong computer skills, preferably PC platforms, including web content management programs, HTML, Adobe Suite, FTP clients. Video editing skills are a plus. Strong Internet knowledge and a background in writing and editing is a must.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Oversee the overall development, including long-term growth and engagement strategy, daily maintenance and administration of U.S. Figure Skating’s organizational website usfigureskating.org.
2. Direct the website’s news strategy, including working with other U.S. Figure Skating staff members to coordinate news plans; choosing and formatting photos, scheduling stories, making decisions on placement and timing; prioritizing based on high traffic areas and marketing emphasis, etc.
3. Serve as liaison with web hosting company for web technical issues and online projects.
4. Act as liaison with U.S. Figure Skating’s icenetwork on content-related issues.
5. Oversee all U.S. Figure Skating’s social media platforms working closely with Manager and Director, Communications on developing and implementing overall social media strategy.
6. Write and edit content for website, including original articles.
7. Monitor budget in excess of $50,000, including handling all invoicing/payment schedules.
8. Monitor website traffic and utilize numbers to position articles and market the sport.
9. Coordinate, daily, weekly and monthly web maintenance and updates with various members of U.S. Figure Skating staff and committee chairs.
10. Coordinate with icenetwork the implementation of onsite event coverage, including handling stories, photos, results, etc.
11. Assist Communications department in event coverage, including event management, coverage and fielding onsite media requests.
12. Monitor and assist Team USA athletes’ social media platforms.
13. Serve as the website liaison for all U.S. Figure Skating departments and committees, making daily decisions on project and maintenance priorities.
14. Oversee maintenance and implementation of U.S. Figure Skating’s fantasy skating game.
15. Actively participate in department meetings, contributing to the development of ideas and overall strategy within the department; including SKATING magazine, public relations and marketing.
16. Write articles for SKATING magazine as needed.
17. Manage and organize U.S. Figure Skating’s digital images.
Miscellaneous Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Respond to volunteer, staff and public needs in areas concerning the organizational website
2. Special projects as defined by the Executive Director and other senior staff members
Reports directly to the Manager, Communications
Commensurate with experience
Send letter of application, resume, two work samples and three references to: Renee Felton, Manager, Communications, U.S. Figure Skating, 20 First Street, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906 or to email@example.com. No calls will be accepted. Review of resume and applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with an anticipated start date of July 14, 2014.