Manager, Human Resources
About USA Volleyball
USA Volleyball (USAV) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sports of volleyball and beach volleyball in the United States and is recognized as such by the Federation International de Volleyball (FIVB) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). USAV has also executed a Management Agreement with the USOC whereby USAV directs and oversees the Paralympic discipline of sitting volleyball. USAV has over 300,000 registered members and supports athletes, coaches, officials, members and fans at every level and every discipline of the sport.
USAV is a 501(c)(3) organization with an operating budget in excess of $25M and approximately 75 staff and coaches in four offices (National Office in Colorado Springs, CO; Beach Operations in Torrance, CA; National Team Operations in Anaheim, CA; and Sitting Program in Edmond, OK).
The Manager, Human Resources (HR) is a functional position with responsibility for managing and organizing USAV personnel policies, including recruitment, selection, benefits, compensation, and
training, retention and development. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and is based in Colorado Springs. The position requires occasional travel.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
• Ensures HR legal requirements and government reporting regulations are followed.
• Administer and assist in the development of personnel policies and procedures.
• Manage employee relations.
• Conducts and/or participates in recruitment effort process including new employee orientation.
• Conduct compensation and benefits studies and assist in the development of policies.
• Responsible for daily benefit operations and management of leave programs.
• Monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
• Responsible for department budget and strategic plan, goals & objective
• Management of litigation, unemployment, and EEOC issues and practices.
• Development and oversight of USAV’s succession plan and employee educational opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure efficient workflow in department including administrative tasks.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
• Minimum three (3) years of HR management experience.
• HRCI Certification (PHR, SPHR) preferred.
• Prefer candidates with professional HR experience in Colorado, California, and/or Oklahoma.
• Ability to travel occasionally, including regularly scheduled trip to satellite offices.
• Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening.
$43,700 - Commensurate with experience
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
Applications accepted online only. Applications must be received by no later than May 26, 2014.