USA Team Handball
Internship Program 2014
Regional Athlete Scout & Recruiter
Dates: Flexible, On-going
Location: Flexible, Regional (North, South, East, West)
2 positions are located in Auburn, Alabama, United States
Time Commitment Required: Minimum 20 hours per week
Supervisor(s): Mariusz Wartalowicz, Technical Director, Christian Latulippe, WNT Head Coach
Duties and Responsibilities:
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- In collaboration with the supervisors and regional coaches, target 16-22 year old “blue chip” athletes for the USA Team Handball National and Regional Selection Teams.
- Research NCAA 1st/2nd/3rd Division Athletic Programs and develop strategies to engage colleges/universities in conducting handball tryouts, demonstrations, courses as well as forming teams, clubs, and various competitions, leagues, etc.
- Establish relationships with selected school districts and community-based organizations in an effort to promote handball activities among American youth and search for highly talented athletes from underserved populations.
- Increase awareness and handballʼs recognition within selected target communities and populations, including specifically states of Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi & Florida.
- Handle various regional administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, emails, keeping current related databases, scheduling appointments, coordinating staff meetings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports).
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment within non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
- Class/Course credit possible
- Valuable and multidiscipline applied experience
- Potential for earning monetary compensation based on recruiting performance
- This in non-paid opportunity with reimbursement for pre-approved operational expenses
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.