USA TRACK & FIELD
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
USA Track & Field (USATF), the National Governing Body for track & field, long distance running, and race walking is seeking a candidate with strong writing, organizational and new media skills to work in our Integrated Marketing & Communications Department. We are a non-profit Olympic Sports organization based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The candidate should be hardworking, energetic, detail-oriented and personable who demonstrates a strong understanding of the Olympic Sport movement, specifically track & field. This position requires significant domestic and international travel (often on weekends) throughout the year.
The candidate will work under the supervision of the Director of Public Relations.
• Writes, edits and places press releases and stories related to all facets of USATF.
• Proactively pitches stories, with special emphasis on multicultural media; fields media inquiries.
• Provides media services at USATF national championships and international team events as assigned. Includes pre-event promotion, roster announcements, on-site coverage and media management.
• Assists in oversight Athlete of the Week and daily clips programs.
• Writes and maintains athlete biographies.
• Actively contributes to USATF social media efforts.
• Assists in production of USATF publications.
• Maintains departmental databases – email, events, biographies.
• Assists in administration of National Track & Field Hall of Fame nomination and election processes.
• 1-3 years’ experience in communications/PR field.
• Understanding of multicultural media landscape preferred.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills.
• Demonstrated expertise in social media platforms.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment.
• Understanding of the sport of track and field or a similar Olympic sport preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Access.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a number of projects and handle large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data.
USATF is accepting applications until the position is filled. No phone inquiries. Please mark all correspondence with “Marketing & Communications Coordinator" and send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples to:
Postal Mail: or Fax: 317-261-0514 or E-mail: HR@usatf.org
USA Track & Field
Human Resources Department
132 E. Washington St., Suite 800
Indianapolis, IN 46204
USATF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, veteran status or other protected classes.