- Communications Manager
- Development Director
- Administrator - Competition Center
- Customer Service Representative
- Winter Instructor - Credentialed (Seasonal)
- Executive Director
- Head Coach
- Communications Intern
- Chief Financial Officer
- Annual Fund Manager
- Mgr-Competition and Athlete Programs
- USAS Developer
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Coordinator
- Program Specialist
- Chief Development Officer
- USAS Developer
- Intern - Regional Athlete Scout
- National Development Coach
- Sr. Dir., Beach Operations
- Volunteer Coaches - Women's Natl. Volleyball Team
- USA Weightlifting Intern
- Coord., Video Productions
- Marketing Director
- Marketing & Development Intern
- Sports Mentor
Director of Marketing
- Develop, implement and oversee a strategic marketing and communications plan for USA Fencing including inventorying marketing assets, setting priorities and establishing clear metrics by which progress can be demonstrated and measured.
- Working with the USA Fencing National Office staff and USA Fencing leadership and volunteers, define and build the USA Fencing ‘brand’ to create greater appeal for the sport by focusing on unique attributes of fencing to attract and retain members and fans.
- Broaden USA Fencing’s external outreach beyond the established fencing community.
- Develop and cultivate sponsorship and partnership opportunities at the National level with goal of retaining existing partners, while securing new partners and growing revenue.
- Incorporate regional events and local clubs into sponsorship agreements where possible so that events/clubs experience benefits and national sponsorships can activate at local level.
- Analyze all sponsorships, licensing and partnership contracts and commitments by USA Fencing while overseeing sponsorship fulfillment, ensuring that sponsors, partners and licensees receive maximum value from their relationship with USA Fencing.
- Establish, manage and reconcile an annual and quad budget plan which also includes the potential investment returns for marketing efforts, both long and short term.
- Plans, manages, and directs market research activities, as needed.
- Collaborate with Communications Manager to establish communications plan to maximize media coverage and partnerships while increasing visibility for the sport of fencing.
- Develop resources (including marketing plans and templates) for use by USA Fencing clubs and regional/division events to assist with growing and retaining membership and visibility.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Graduate degree preferred) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-8 years marketing experience, with at least 3 years in senior marketing related roles
- Demonstrated success in building brand equity, awareness, and loyalty
- Demonstrated success with securing corporate sponsorships and licensing
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of media and public relations, digital/social media, advertising and design
- Ability to work well with others as a team player
Knowledge of and passion for sports generally and fencing specifically is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word Suite and databases; graphics and design software experience a plus
- Some travel required and must have ability to work a flexible schedule including weeknights and weekends as needed
- The USA Fencing National Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO; ability to work from National Office is highly preferred.
Submit a letter of application and current resume via email to: Melissa Jones, Finance and Business Services Manager, email@example.com. Review of resume and applications will begin immediately and applicants will be accepted until position has been filled.