Manager of Communications
USA Taekwondo (USAT) is the United States Olympic Committee recognized National Governing Body for the Olympic sport of taekwondo and is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO. USA Taekwondo is seeking an individual to join the senior staff that is passionate about sport, experienced and knowledgeable about media/public relations practices, welcomes a challenging role and environment and has the ability to lead and instill confidence in their work and abilities.
- Responsible for the public information, media relations and press operation activities of USA Taekwondo on the international, national, regional and local levels
- Maintain and update the USA Taekwondo website and social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Produce and distribute press releases for all major events
- Serve as media contact at all national events
- Direct and implement media and promotional activities of USA Taekwondo for televised and non-televised events
- Oversee production of printed materials for USA Taekwondo such as official quarterly magazine, other flyers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field or equivalent experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in communications, preferably with sport organization
- Knowledge of current media industry standards
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Proficient with content management systems (CMS)
- Must pass USAT background screen
- Reports to CEO, 40 hours per week
- Requires some travel with occasional non-traditional hours
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following hiring
- Must be willing to work/relocate in USAT’s National Office in Colorado Springs, Colo.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Bruce Harris, CEO, at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.