Chief Financial Officer - USA Rugby (Boulder, CO)
USA Rugby is a $13M, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join its senior leadership team. The successful CFO candidate will demonstrate skills in leadership, financial management, staff development, team building, strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and risk management. USA Rugby is seeking a candidate that is an effective strategist that can manage growth change. This individual should be driven by honesty, integrity, and the ability to motivate others to promote the mission, vision, and goals of USA Rugby.
The CFO provides financial, operational, and programmatic support directing and overseeing the departments of accounting & finance, human resources, membership, information technology and office management. The CFO works with the executive leadership team on strategy and operations related to budget and financial management, cost benefit analysis, and forecasting. The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and manage the accounting department including cash management, reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Ensure policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Assess organizational financial performance.
- Supervise the completion of tax and compliance reporting requirements.
- Coordinate external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records.
- Develop and implement tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Oversee all reporting systems, ensuring compliance with local and federal regulations, as well as knowledge of 501(c)(3) regulations.
- Monitor and manage a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism.
- Oversee budgeting and budgets to monitor progress and financial metrics.
- Negotiate, retain and enforce necessary insurance and risk management policies.
- Oversee membership department, including implementation of new member registration system, financial reconciliation of all membership registration.
- Responsible for financial planning and forecasting.
Education & Qualifications:
- Solid command of GAAP accounting principles, practices, and associated computer systems and interfaces.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans.
- Advanced computer knowledge and proficiency in MS Excel or comparable complex spreadsheets and basic network administration.
- Ability to apply skills and critical thinking to contribute to the success of organizational priorities that may lie outside of the normal accounting function.
- Ability to think conceptually and deal decisively with practical matters.
- Knowledge and skill in human resources management.
- Effective communication, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, dependable, and discrete.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- CPA license required.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial management experience, five of which must be at the management level – non-profit experience preferred.
- A modest amount of travel is required for this position.
- This position is based in Boulder, Colorado. Relocation expenses will be at the expense of the employee.
- Employer sponsored medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee only. Dependent coverage and additional plans available at employee’s expense.
- Candidates must currently be eligible to work in the United States.
- Applications must include a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
- Please include salary requirements with application.
- Please submit your application online at http://usngbjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=63530.