Sports Performance and Development Manager - USA Fencing (Colorado Springs, CO)
USA Fencing is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of fencing in the United States. Its mission is to grow and promote the sport of fencing in the United States, honor its rich traditions and to achieve sustained international success.
USA Fencing is seeking a hard-working, detail oriented professional to assist the organization in the Sports Performance department.
The Sports Performance and Development Manager will assist in all areas of the department, including National Team programming, Paralympic initiatives and sport development.
The position will work closely with and report to the Director of Sports Performance and Development.
• Work with the US Olympic Committee and other stakeholders to increase Wheelchair Fencing participation
• Develop sport development opportunities
• Ensure accurate entries into international competitions
• Manage international license system
• Plan and travel to the Cadet & Junior World Championships
• Liase with the US Anti-Doping Agency to ensure athletes are compliant
• Manage National Team apparel and equipment needs
• Assist Squad Managers with National Team travel logistics
• Develop and manage National Team website
• Assist with annual budgeting
• Assist with the development of the annual High Performance Plan
• Additional duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least two years of professional experience, ideally within Sport Administration
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Self-starter who can formulate strategy and execute independently
• Ability to prioritize and manage a number of different projects simultaneously
• Excellent organizational skills
• Fencing or sport experience is helpful, but not required
• The USA Fencing National Office is located in Colorado Springs, CO; however, a remote work site may be considered in a very rare scenario
• Some domestic and international travel is required
To apply, please visit: http://usngbjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobs.cfm/Athlete-Management-Coaching?supcat=544#65871