CITY OF SPRINGFIELD
Ice Hockey Development Specialist (contract)
To assist in the operation, programming, and promotion of the Mediacom Ice Park and the Community Olympic
Development Program (CODP). Responsible for promoting and programming ice hockey clinics, programs, and
tournaments year round.
Performs duties with considerable independence within established parameters and with general professional
guidance and supervision provided by the Ice Park Manager. Supervises part-time staff as assigned.
1. Plans, promotes, and supervises a well-rounded activity program to ensure use of the Mediacom Ice Park year round.
2. Plans, organizes and conducts a comprehensive hockey program including hockey classes, summer hockey schools and coaching clinics.
3. Recruits players and teams and schedules hockey programs and tournaments related to CODP.
4. Serves as liaison between hockey players and Ice Park staff.
5. Promotes CODP programming and tournaments in cooperation with area hockey associations and established leagues.
6. Works with Ice Park Manager and Marketing Coordinator to design brochures, flyers, and advertising applicable to hockey programming.
7. Collaborates with the Director of the Community Olympic Development Program to ensure all program goals are met.
8. Coordinates special events such as hockey games, concerts, athletic contests, parties, and public rentals of the facility.
9. Maintains accurate financial and enrollment records on all programs.
10. Completed required reporting as required by CODP.
11. Updates hockey program manuals.
12. Assists in the preparation of the Ice Park budget for the Community Olympic Development Program.
1. Attends seminars, workshops and other training for professional development purposes.
2. Performs minor office functions such as filing, copying and sorting.
3. Performs related work as required.
Apply online at