Job Title: COACH Intern
Position Type: Part Time, Seasonal
10-30 hours per week/10 weeks. Weekend, evening, night and holiday work as required
Salary: Stipend based on hours $150-$675 total
Location: National Ability Center Ranch, Park City, Utah
Supervisor: COACH Internship Supervisor
National Ability Center
The National Ability Center’s COACH program is designed to create a structured and successful continuum of growth and learning for young adults with disabilities that enables them to transition from school to work. This program is based on our belief that sports are an excellent catalyst for teaching vital life skills. Internship is available to those ages 16-22 with a disability. The intern must be independent or provide a personal care attendant and transportation to the National Ability. Housing is not available. The intern’s role in this organization is to assist in all aspects of programs and administration. He/she will be supervised while performing various job tasks as outlined in the COACH internship contract. Based on experience, the intern may also serve in a leadership role as an activity/program leader or project/committee head. The intern will also provide information on current trends in adaptations, through projects, presentations, and staff in-services.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
• Create a nurturing, positive and professional environment while promoting program policies and procedures amongst staff, volunteers and community.
• Assist in organizing, planning and implementing specific adaptive recreation activities and/or administrative duties.
• Support the care and maintenance of program and admin equipment including proper clean up and storage.
• Create a welcoming environment focused on customer care throughout the National Ability Center facilities.
• Attend required staff meetings and trainings and meet with Supervisor on a weekly basis.
• Report all accidents, incidents and disciplinary concerns to Supervisor.
• Keep an accurate log of all work and training sessions you attend.
• Ability to ask for help and communicate needs.
• Demonstrate proficiency in both the hard and soft skills that are required within an office environment.
• Attend program orientations and actively participate in the planning and implementing of program details.
• Show up well rested, professional in National Ability Center attire, and on time.
• Assist with administrative duties and all aspects of program delivery.
• All other duties as specified.
Required Knowledge and Qualifications
• Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment.
• Awareness of safety and risk management.
• Completion of a Utah State background check.
• Willing and able to tolerate extended periods in the elements, including sun and water, with reasonable accommodations.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Internships with the National Ability Center offer valuable hands-on experience and integrate life skills. Course credit may apply.