Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Dare2tri positively impacts the lives of athletes with physical disabilities or visual impairments by providing opportunities to develop their skills in the sport of Paratriathlon while inspiring the community at large.
The Marketing and Public Relations Manager (Manager) will combine a variety of skill sets and work across a number of different fronts to assist Dare2tri in developing PR plans and strategies, devising a social media strategy, drafting press materials and designing sponsorship packets for specific marketable events (e.g., one day clinic, camp, elite team, kids camp). The Manager must apply marketing, communications and fundraising skills, networking skills, technology and social media experience, and graphic design expertise. The Manager will work in close collaboration with a small team, will have high visibility in the organization, and will serve a crucial role in the growth and development of Dare2tri. As a senior member of a small team, the Manager will also assist the Executive Director in researching grants, writing proposals, building partnerships and coordinating other fundraising activities (e.g., online fundraising campaigns, event sponsors for races, etc.).
The Manager will report to Dare2Tri’s Executive Director. This is a full-time position.
- Create a detailed annual marketing/PR plan
- Develop social media strategy and manage all platforms
- Organize and help athletes write blogs that articulate Dare2tri’s value
- Manage press releases and other PR promotions for Dare2tri events
- Provide marketing and other support as needed for special events such as meetings and races
- Prepare collateral materials for events
- Design sponsorship packets for specific marketable events (e.g., one day clinic, camp, elite team, kids camp)
- “E-blasts” to all athletes and volunteers
- Pre-season and end-of-season newsletters
- Develop partnerships and coordinate other fundraising activities (e.g., online fundraising campaigns, event sponsors for races, and events etc.)
- Minimum BA/BS in a related field required
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Experience and comfort with social media platforms
- Demonstrate creativity, strategic thinking, and an ability to multitask
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
Dare2tri is a small non-profit experiencing rapid growth. Currently, employees work out of their homes and programming takes place in various neighborhoods in Chicago. This position is ideal for a self-starter who can thrive in an entrepreneurial, start-up setting.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of past work/projects to Keri Serota (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Marketing & Public Relations Manager" in the subject line. Feel free to let your creativity shine in your application! Applications received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended. Please understand that Dare2tri will be unable to notify all applicants of their submission, but will contact those applicants shortlisted for interview.