Seasonal Cycling Program Coordinator
Classification: Full Time - Summer Seasonal (June 1- October 15)
Commensurate with experience
Applications accepted until May 10, 2014.
Send resume and cover letter to David Schmid at email@example.com.
Description of Company
Adaptive Adventures mission is to provide progressive outdoor sports opportunities to improve quality of life for youth, adults, and veterans with physical disabilities. Our core sports include alpine skiing, cycling, kayaking, paddle boarding, sailing, climbing, snowboarding, and water-skiing with additional opportunities in scuba and whitewater rafting.
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Cycling Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementation, and delivery of all aspects of the Colorado cycling program resulting in consistent, high quality program experiences. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the program for participants with disabilities, families, volunteers, community members, and other public and private adaptive organizations.
Leadership and Development
• Fosters a cohesive understanding of the cycling program to all constituents within the Adaptive Adventures community, while recognizing and utilizing their strengths to contribute to exceptional program delivery.
• Develops and implements strategies to maximize program resources, effectiveness, and outcomes.
• Promotes a positive public image by establishing and maintaining contact with participants, volunteers, donors, and other supporters or clients.
• Responsible for implementation and delivery of programs, services, activities, equipment, facilities, and resources to ensure that program goals and objectives are met. Including, but not limited to, staffing, scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation, permits, licensing, and instruction.
• Provides the Regional Director with program and operations reports seasonally or as requested.
• Responsible for compliance with budget expenditures, expense documentation, and receipts.
• Identifies and cultivates volunteers or independent contractors to successfully meet needs of the program.
• Facilitate appropriate training to all program volunteers and interns, as well as cross training other staff in the specific skills of the sport.
• Ensures the programs are delivered effectively to all participants.
• Implements Adaptive Adventures program delivery procedures at all events as detailed in the preevent, event delivery, and post-event procedures.
• Implements and supervises appropriate safety and risk management protocols as related to specific program.
• Ensures all essential program equipment is available and in good working order for events. This includes securing additional equipment when necessary, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
• Works with other staff and business partners to develop and implement collaborative programming efforts, and assists in the organization’s fundraising efforts.
• Actively recruits participants for programs utilizing all of the resources available, human and technological, to maximize event participation.
• Provides direct client services, support, and instruction in other programs as needed to support other program coordinators.
• Follows policies and procedures as defined by Adaptive Adventures manuals.
• Reports program concerns or issues directly to supervisor.
• Graciously engages in all other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelors Degree or higher. Therapeutic Recreation and/or Management experience is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in adaptive sports and/or recreation.
• Avid cyclist; strong personal experiences related to cycling that demonstrate a passion for the sport and benefits associated with cycling.
• Strong organizational, management and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize projects enhancing work flow using independent judgment in making decisions that affect day to day
operations of Adaptive Adventures.
• Experience designing, developing, and implementing recreational programs.
• Instructional skills to supervise and motivate, participants and volunteers.
• Coaching and fitness background in cycling beneficial.
• Possess the ability to work with a variety of different people including participants with special needs, volunteers, program staff, event managers, potential sponsors, and the Board of Directors