- Four-time Olympian (2004, 2008, 2012, 2016); Four-time Olympic medalist (2 golds, 2 bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 9th (individual); bronze (team)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, 4th (individual)
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, gold (individual); bronze (team)
- Athens 2004 Olympic Games, gold (individual)
- Most recent: 2015 – 10th (individual)
- Years of participation: 2000-15
- Medals: 14 (5 golds, 5 silvers, 4 bronzes)
- Gold – 2000 (team); 2005 (team); 2009 (individual); 2010 (individual); 2014 (team)
- Silver – 2004 (team); 2006 (individual, team); 2011 (individual); 2014 (individual)
- Bronze – 2011 (team); 2012 (team); 2013 (team); 2015 (team)
- 2015 Pan American Games, gold (team); 8th (individual)
- 2011 Pan American Games, gold (individual, team)
U.S. Women’s Saber Fencing Team Wins Bronze
Rebecca Harris Aug. 13, 2016
The team repeated its 2008 performance; won Team USA’s only women’s fencing medal of the Games.
Mariel Zagunis, Matt Emmons Among 15 Former Olympic Champions Looking For Redemption In Rio
Peggy Shinn Aug. 04, 2016
Once at the top of the Olympic podium, 15 athletes will look to rebound from recent misses.
5 Days Left To Rio: These 5 Former Flag Bearers Grace The 2016 U.S. Olympic Roster
Craig Bohnert July 31, 2016
Selected in a vote of their peers, being named U.S. flag bearer is an ultimate honor.
Red, White & Trending: July 22-28
Jamie MacDonald July 29, 2016
Over the course of the next week, more than 550 athletes will have set up shop in Rio, and we're keeping an eye on the off-the-field, behind-the-scenes, sights and sounds from their perspectives -- from the women's soccer team riding in sky-high style to Rio, to six-time Olympic swimming medalist Allison Schmitt auditioning her nascent violin skills for her Olympic teammates, to athlete village selfies, to one intense and very patriotic haircut, plus check-ins from the skiing haven of New Zealand and much more.
Besides Winning Medals, Here Is What You’ll Find Team USA Doing In Rio
Lisa Costantini July 13, 2016
Paragliding and BASE jumping? Find out what Team USA athletes hope to accomplish in Brazil.
When Team USA Athletes Aren’t Competing, What Are Their Talents?
Karen Rosen June 29, 2016
From baking to playing instruments, sewing to paintball, Team USA athletes can do it all.
Celebrate Flag Day With These 80 Patriotic Team USA Athletes
June 14, 2016
Team USA athletes are proud to represent the red, white and blue.
Mariel Zagunis Wins Second Straight International Medal With Grand Prix Silver
Craig Bohnert May 29, 2016
The two-time Olympic champ fell to Olga Kharlan in the final to take her fourth medal of the season.
U.S. Men’s Foil And Saber Fencing Squads Win World Cup Silver Medals
Craig Bohnert May 15, 2016
Three events resulted in three top-four finishes for U.S. fencing teams.
Mariel Zagunis Wins Third World Cup Medal In Five Stops
Craig Bohnert May 14, 2016
The two-time Olympic champ took bronze in Foshan, China.
More Stories ›