- Three-time Olympian (2000, 2008, 2012); Four-time Olympic medalist (4 golds)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, T-9th (singles); T-17th (doubles)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, gold (singles, doubles)
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, gold (doubles), T-5th (singles)
- Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, gold (doubles)
- With sister, Venus, is the winningest doubles tennis team in Olympic history and will look to match the Olympic record for overall tennis medals (5) by Kitty McKane of Great Britain at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. The pair enter the Rio Games undefeated in Olympic doubles competition with a perfect 15-0 record.
- With her win at the 2016 Wimbledon Championships, tied Steffi Graff for the all-time Open Era record with 22 Grand Slam titles, which ranks second all-time behind Margaret Court (24).
- In 2015, became only the second woman ever to win four or more consecutive Grand Slam titles twice and the oldest to win a Grand Slam in the Open Era.
- Completed her second career “Serena Slam” in 2015 by winning the US Open (2014), Australian Open (2015), French Open (2015) and Wimbledon (2015) consecutively.
Red, White & Trending: July 8-14
Jamie MacDonald July 15, 2016
The G.O.A.T. edition: Another side of living legends Abby, Kobe, Serena, Hope and TD as they made headlines, rallying around Scott Hamilton's CARES Foundation, why track trials were trending on Twitter, Justin Timberlake's Team USA blessing, Hannah Teter tames Tahoe's wake (in a pirate hat), gripping gymnastics drama plays out in real time on Twitter, Boomer Phelps' Instagram takeover and J.J. Watt predicts greatness for Simone Biles.
Olympic Champion Williams Sisters, Bryan Brothers Highlight U.S. Olympic Tennis Squad
Craig Bohnert July 15, 2016
Eight Olympic rookies will join the gold medalists in Rio.
Unseeded Williams Sisters Win Wimbledon Doubles Trophies After Serena Took Singles Crown
Associated Press July 09, 2016
The Williams sisters are now 14-0 in major doubles finals.
Serena Williams Ties Steffi Graf's Grand Slam Record With 7th Wimbledon Title
Associated Press July 09, 2016
Williams defeated Angelique Kerber to capture her 22nd Grand Slam win.
50 Social Media Accounts To Follow On The Road To Rio
June 16, 2016
Check out the accounts of these athletes, National Governing Bodies and media outlets to get yourself Rio ready!
Red, White & Trending: May 20-26
Jamie MacDonald May 27, 2016
An uncomfortably close look at Casey Eichfeld's hectic 'home' office, a Magnificent gymnastics reunion (and photobomb), Aaron Blunck tackles standing sand sledding, Serena Williams gets tricky with the Dude Perfect gang, Kaitlyn Farrington embarks on an extreme adventure, Alana Nichols takes on Tyrolean fashion, Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin go glam, Lex Gillette shows off hoops (and soccer and football) skills, Aly Raisman accepts 'Grams' status and more.
Red, White & Trending: May 13-19
Jamie MacDonald May 20, 2016
Tim Howard offers a heartfelt goodbye to his adopted overseas home, sportsmanship and shock after USA Triathlon's Rio qualifying, Polina Edmunds' merry month keeps getting better, Abby Wambach earns a lofty title (hint: Dr.), bobsledding wind tunnel shenanigans, Serena selfie shenanigans, Tatyana McFadden's autograph marathon, Charlie Houchin catches croquet fever and more.
The French Open Is Serena Williams’ Next Shot At History
Stuart Lieberman May 20, 2016
Williams goes into the event one short of the Open era record of 22 Grand Slam singles titles.
100 Storylines To Follow For The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Karen Rosen April 27, 2016
Find out just about everything you need to know for the final countdown to the Rio Games.
Serena Williams Beats Friend And Rival Wozniacki For World Tennis Day
Stuart Lieberman March 09, 2016
Williams and Caroline Wozniacki faced off at New York’s Madison Square Garden.