Discipline/Event: Wildwater; K1Birthplace: Northampton, MA
Current Residence: Northampton, MA
Occupation: Instructor of plumbing at Greenfield Community College, Owner - Express Plumbing.
Current school/Alma matter: Westfield State College pursuing Occupational Education Degree.
Family: My wife Alicia, 13 year old son Zane and my 15 year old daughter Juletha sharing our house with our boarder collie Ginger and beagle Penny.
How I started paddling wildwater:
I started paddling whitewater recreationally 13 years ago then raced some local whitewater races. Raced competitive kayak marathons for the last three years.
National Results (Team Trials and Nationals):
- 2006 ACA Whitewater K-1 National Champion
- 2008 USACK K-2 Marathon Team Trials Winner
- 2008 Lake Placid International Regatta: 10,000m Masters 2nd place
- 2008 USCA Nationals K-1 Marathon 4th place, 2008 USCA Nationals C-1 Unlimited Champion
- 2009 USCA K-1 500 Meter Champion
- 2nd place K-1 2008 Mayors Cup
- 2012 Wildwater Team Trials 3rd place
- Competed in 2010 Wildwater World Championships in Sort, Spain
- 2011 Wildwater Sprint World Championships in Augsburg, Germany.
Years on US Wildwater National Team: 3
Road Biking, Running and Cross Country Skiing
- Marital Status: To Alicia Wendolowski for 14 Years
- Kids: Zane and Juletha.
- Height: 5’ 9”
- Weight: 190
- Music: Metallica, Allman Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Yonder Mountain String Band
- Food Favorites: Spanish Chicken and Rice
- What you do to get ready for a race: Warm-up and visualize the race
- What you do after a race: Reflect, Relax with friends
- Boat (Make/Model): Prijon Genius, Vadja Sesia K-1's
- Paddle: Fast Kayak Flyer #8, Kayak Pro Mid Wing
- Helmet: Pro-Tec Ace
- Life Jacket: MTI
- Paddling Clothes: Immersion Research Long Sleeve
- Car: Nissan Titan
- Favorite energy bar/food: Home Made Morning Glory Muffin
For more information please visit USA Wildwater, the official website for wildwater, at www.usawildwater.com.