Name: Mallory Weggemann
Sport: Para Swimming
Current Residence: Eagan, Minn
College: University of Minnesota
- 2012 Paralympic Games, gold (50m freestyle), bronze (4x100m medley), 4th (100m freestyle), 6th (100m breaststroke, 200m IM), 7th (100m backstroke)
- 2015 Parapan American Games, gold (100 free, 200 IM), silver (50 free, 400 free), bronze (100 back)
- Current member of the U.S. Paralympics National Swimming Team
- 2009, 2010 and 2011 USA Swimming Disabled Swimmer of the Year (Trischa L. Zorn
- 2009 and 2010 Swimming World Magazine Female Disabled Swimmer of the Year
- Five gold medals 2009 IPC Swimming World Championships 25m in Rio de Janeiro,
- Eight gold medals and one silver medal 2010 IPC Swimming World Championships in
- 2011 ESPN ESPY winner – Best Female Athlete with a Disability
- USA Swimming Central Zone Athlete Representative
- USA Swimming Disability Committee
- USA Swimming Athlete Executive Committee
- Currently holds 15 World Records and 34 American Records
Fun Facts: Mallory's hobbies include traveling, scuba diving, spending time with friends and family, and enjoying the outdoors and athletics.
US Para Swimming
U.S. Para-Swimming Social Recap: Rio Test Event
U.S. Paralympics April 25, 2016
Take the trip to Rio through the lens of social media with Team USA at the Rio swimming test event.
First Time For Everything
Joe Clarke April 19, 2016
U.S. swimmers head south of the equator to get a feel for the pool at the Aquece Rio test event.
Red, White & Trending: Feb. 12-18
Jamie MacDonald Feb. 19, 2016
Love for man's best friend on Valentine's Day, plus more Valentine's Day love from Team USA, exhaustion and friendship rule after Rio marathon qualifying, a wax museum trip for a famous pair, Shaun White is back with a big venture, teen YOG sensation River Radamus also makes a wonderful first impression on social media, and more.
Red, White & Trending: Dec. 25-31
Jamie MacDonald Jan. 01, 2016
Turn that last page on the calendar and follow along with the first RWT of 2016 — full of new beginnings for a BMX pair, inspirational messages from workout wonders, forgotten acquaintances, Christmas gift fails, Lindsey Vonn colliding with a tree and much more.
Team USA's 15 Top Comeback Stories Of 2015
Karen Rosen Dec. 31, 2015
From Armstrong to Douglas, Butler to Phelps, see who returned to the top of their game this year and how.
Red, White & Trending: Dec. 11-17
Jamie MacDonald Dec. 18, 2015
While Alex Morgan brings glad tidings from New Orleans, Abby Wambach's final game draws out the emotion in her teammates, plus we see perhaps LeBron James' best move ever, a Voice lesson from Mike Eruzione and more.
Red, White & Trending: Oct. 30-Nov. 1
Jamie MacDonald Nov. 06, 2015
King James channels Prince, Amy Purdy channels a cheetah, Jordan Spieth participates in a lion dance, plus a glacier selfie, trick "oar" treating, Super Serena, alligator wrestling and more.
Red, White & Trending: Sept. 18-24
Jamie MacDonald Sept. 25, 2015
One hopeful's road to Rio includes a llama, plus behind the scenes at the Solheim Cup, making history (and a mom proud) on the water, an engagement, and Jeremy Roenick coaches a fellow Olympian's son.
Team USA Closes Parapan American Games With Record 135 Medals
U.S. Paralympics Aug. 15, 2015
Finishing third in the overall medal count, U.S. athletes earned 40 gold medals.
U.S. swimmers conclude competition at Parapan Am Games with three bronze medals
Annemarie Blanco Aug. 14, 2015
Swimming ends with 32 medals for Team USA
More Stories ›