HEIGHT 5'11" WEIGHT 187 lbs
Follow Greg on Twitter and on Instagram @west_greg and on Facebook by searching "Greg West"!
Greg West was born on June 13, 1985 in Springfield, Mo. He was invited to a skeleton school, in April 2010, after filling out an athlete resume on the USBSF website. He was dared by his roommate while living in Orange Beach, Ala. Next thing he knew, he had quit his job and bought a plane ticket to Lake Placid. He absolutely fell in love with the sport on his first run down the track and has had a wallet killing skeleton habit ever sense. West played football for Baker University in Baldwin City, Kan. from 2006-2009, before giving the sport of skeleton a try.
West graduated with a degree in sports administration from Baker University in 2009. He is an avid football fan and enjoys watching movies. West is the son of Greg West Sr. and Tammie Franz, and he has a younger sister, Rianna.
- Surfed the three major oceans
- Ping Pong aficionado
- Go kart savant
- Putt putt golf connoisseur
- Amateur travel agent
2015-2016 European Cup - 20th in Altenberg #1 (12/15)
2014-2015 Intercontinental Cup - 14th in Whistler #2 (1/15); 16th in Whistler #1 (1/15); 18th in Winterberg (12/14); 21st in Koenigssee #2 (11/14); 25th in Koenigssee #1 (11/14); 14th in Lillehammer (11/14)
2013 National Championships - 6th in Lake Placid (3/13)
- 2012-2013 European Cup - 12th in Altenberg #2 (1/13)
- 2012-2013 Intercontinental Cup -17th in Igls #1 (1/13), 22nd in Igls #2 (1/13)
- 2012-2013 European Cup -19th in Koenigssee #1 (11/12), 25th in Koenigssee #2 (11/12), 16th in La Plagne #1 (12/12), 15th in La Plagne #2 (12/12), 11th in Igls #1 (1/13), 16th in Igls #2 (1/13)
- 2011-2012 World Cup -23rd in Whistler (2/12)
- 2011-2012 Intercontinental Cup -15th in Lillehammer #1 (12/11), 15th in Lillehammer #2 (12/11), 17th in Sigulda #1 (12/11), 13th in Sigulda #2 (12/11)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup -9th in Park City (11/11),
- 2010-2011 America's Cup -12th in Lake Placid (1/11), 8th in Lake Placid (1/11), 7th in Calgary (1/11), 10th in Calgary (1/11) , 8th in National Championships