Sport: Alpine Skiing
Classification: LW12-1, Sitting
Date of Birth: April 10, 1986
Birthplace: Hanover, N.H.
Hometown: Franconia, N.H.
Current Residence: Aspen, Colo.
High School: Profile HS (Bethlehem, N.H.) ‘ 04
College: University of New Hampshire ‘08, Geography, International Studies
Coach: Kevin Jardine
- 2014: World Cup Panorama, 4th super combined, 5th super-G and giant slalom, 8th downhill; World Cup Tignes, France, 2nd giant slalom, 2nd downhill run 1, 8th downhill run 2, 4th super combined; World Cup Copper Mountain, 5th slalom run 1, 4th slalom run 2, 11th giant slalom run 1, 4th giant slalom run 2; NorAm Aspen, 1st downhill; U.S. National Championships, 2nd downhill
- 2013: World Cup Finals, 1st downhill; Copper Mountain NorAm, 1st giant slalom, 2nd giant slalom, 2nd super G
- 2012: U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championships, 1st downhill, 1st super-G, 1st super combined; World Cup Finals, 1st super combined, 10th super-G, World Cup Winter Park, 2nd super-G, 5th giant slalom, 4th slalom; European Cup, 1st super-G, 1st super combined, 5th downhill; World Cup La Molina, 1st Slalom 2, 4th slalom 1, 7th giant slalom; NorAm Waterville Valley, 1st slalom, 5th giant slalom
- 2011: U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championships, 2nd giant slalom, 2nd slalom, 2nd super combined; NorAm Alyeska, 2nd super-G;
- 2010: Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, 10th slalom, 16th giant slalom, 22nd super-G; World Cup Sestriere, 4th super-G, 6th slalom; ESPN Winter X Games, 1st Mono Skier X
- 2009: World Cup Overall, downhill champion; World Cup Sestiere, 1st downhill; Winter X Games, 1st Mono Skier-X
- 2008: NorAm Series, four top-3 finishes and one firth finish; Hartford Ski Spectacular, Breckenridge, 4th slalom
- 2006: Torino 2006 Paralympic Winter Games, 6th giant slalom, 11th super-G, 14th slalom, 15th downhill; World Cup Standings, 1st overall giant slalom
- 2005: World Cup Standings, 2nd overall giant slalom
Tyler Walker is a perfect example of "It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog." Walker was born with lumbar sacral agenesis, a condition that resulted in his spine missing after the first vertebra. At four, doctors amputated both of Walker’s legs at the knee because he had no control over his legs. He began skiing in adaptive programs at Waterville Valley and Loon Mountain, eventually joining the New England Disabled Ski Team.
Walker is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire, where he has degrees in geography and international affairs and minors in German and political science. In addition to skiing, Walker also enjoys handcycling, skateboarding, canoeing, knee boarding, tennis and hockey. Walker gained acclaim in Colorado Springs after hiking the Manitou Incline, which boasts more than 2,000 feet in elevation gain in less than one mile, on his hands.