Kerri Walsh Jennings
- MOST NOTABLE
- 2004, 2008, 2012 Olympic Games, gold
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won 21 consecutive Olympic matches and only lost one set (to Austria in 2012) during their 11-year run together
- Walsh Jennings was also on the 2000 U.S. Women’s Indoor National Team that competed at the Olympic Games in Sydney
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won three straight FIVB world championships in 2005, 2007 and 2009
- Indoors, Walsh Jennings was the second volleyball player in NCAA history to be a four-time First-Team All-American when she was at Stanford (1996-99)
- DID YOU KNOW
- Finished third in 2016 Olympic qualification, with Ross; duo will have the #3 seed in the Olympics
- Won the AVP New York City Open, her 11th AVP title with Ross and second of 2016, their first was at Huntington Beach
- Finished fourth at the Hamburg Major, the final event of 2016 Olympic qualification
- In the Olympic qualification period, Ross and Walsh Jennings had four gold, two silver and two bronze
- Took a break from the FIVB World Tour and Olympic qualification to play at the AVP Huntington Beach Open, which she won with Ross for their 10th AVP victory as a team
- With Ross, pair has six medals in 2016 Olympic qualification: Fuzhou Open (3rd, 2015), Long Beach Grand Slam (2nd), Rio Grand Slam (1st), Vitoria Open (2nd), Xiamen Open (3rd), Fuzhou Open (1st, 2016), Cincinnati Open (1st, 2016), Moscow Grand Slam (1st, 2016)
- The silver at the Vitoria Open (March 20) advanced them to the top-ranked American women's team in the rankings
- In her first event back following surgery, won gold at the Rio Grand Slam on March 13, 2016. It was her 51st career FIVB gold and first gold in 2016 olympic qualification
- Walsh Jennings and April Ross posted their 100th team victory at the Rio Grand Slam against Germany's Buthe/Borger in the semifinals
- Following the 2015 Rio Open, underwent surgery on her right shoulder for a torn labrum and capsule, her fifth surgery
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with April Ross. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- Opened the 2015 season finishing third with Ross at the FIVB World Tour Fuzhou Open. At that point, team led all women with most podium placements on the World Tour, with seven.
- Earned silver at the Long Beach Grand Slam with Ross, their second podium finish of the 2015 World Tour
- Won the AVP New Orleans Open to start the 2015 Tour. Withdrew days later at the FIVB World Tour Moscow Grand Slam when she sustained an injury, team still tied for 17th
- Made her return after a 32-day hiatus, with April Ross at the Beach World Championships in The Netherlands. Even after time off due to injury, the team was seeded third overall. Finished fourth at the Gstaad Major after re-injuring her shoulder in the third round, duo withdrew from the semifinal and bronze medal matches
- Finished ninth at the Rio Open, her final event of the 2015 season
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. The finished the season ranked third by the FIVB.
- Walsh Jennings and partner April Ross went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets.
- Started playing full time with April Ross at the end of 2013 and the team won two FIVB gold medals.
- Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor beat April Ross and Jennifer Kessy for the gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games. After the match, Walsh Jennings asked Ross to become her partner.
- When Walsh Jennings and April Ross won the FIVB Xiamen Grand Slam on Oct. 27, 2013, Walsh Jennings set the all-time record for tournament victories by a women’s beach player with 113. Prior to Xiamen, she had been tied with May-Treanor at 112.
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won AVP Team of the Year five consecutive years (2003-07).
- While at Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, Calif., Walsh Jennings asked May-Treanor for her autograph.
Team USA Gears Up For Excitement Of Rio 2016
Andrea Mazzarelli June 23, 2016
Athletes have spent months competing in and visiting Rio and look forward to getting there this summer.
Her Star Still Shining Bright, Kerri Walsh Jennings Wins In NYC, Aims For Rio
Stuart Lieberman June 21, 2016
Beach volleyball veteran Walsh Jennings and new partner April Ross are heating up.
50 Social Media Accounts To Follow On The Road To Rio
June 16, 2016
Check out the accounts of these athletes, National Governing Bodies and media outlets to get yourself Rio ready!
U.S. Olympic Women’s Beach Volleyball Team Includes Pair Of Olympic Medalists, Team Of Newcomers
Craig Bohnert June 12, 2016
Walsh Jennings qualifies for fifth Games, Ross for her second, while Fendrick and Sweat will make debuts.
Red, White & Trending: June 3-9
Jamie MacDonald June 10, 2016
Team USA athletes take to social media to pay tribute to Muhammad Ali, new secret to Aly Raisman's success, #NationalDonutDay draws rave reviews (but not from Amy Purdy), Michelle Akers wins #NationalBestFriendDay, Lacey Henderson goes slow-mo for a long jump PB, beach volleyball stars are on the road again, an Olympic medal -- sadly -- is stolen, baby Boomer Phelps shows off his wingspan, medal modeling with Alana Nichols, Bobby Ryan's nerves get to his birth announcement, Chaunte Lowe ends on a high note and much more.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces Best Of May Honors For Team USA Awards Presented By Dow
United States Olympic Committee June 07, 2016
Judokas Harrison and Stevens and beach volleyball duo Ross and Walsh Jennings earn May accolades.
Vote On Team USA's Top Athletes From May
June 01, 2016
See which athletes made Team USA's Best of May nominations and vote on your favorites.
Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross Golden Again With First-Ever Win Over No. 1 Brazilians
Craig Bohnert May 29, 2016
The U.S. team won its third straight gold medal in Olympic qualifying.
Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross Win In Cincinnati For Second Straight Gold
Craig Bohnert May 21, 2016
The Olympic medalists won their seventh medal of their 12 Olympic qualification tournaments.
Red, White & Trending: May 6-12
Jamie MacDonald May 13, 2016
Team USA celebrates its moms in so many ways (among them: poignantly, humorously, with tears, with a sash and in bright yellow), Michael Phelps is captivated by his baby Boomer, Lindsey Vonn stirs things up on a catamaran, Bubba Watson mugs with the fam, Tim Morehouse makes a non-fencing announcement, Blake Haxton and Nastia Liukin hit similar milestones, Tara Lipinski and her fiancé celebrate an anniversary (and more Emmys), Stars on Ice celebrates an impromptu prom party for Polina Edmunds, Missy Franklin celebrates a big birthday, plus Team USA #wisdom and more.
More Stories ›