Kerri Walsh Jennings
Hometown: Saratoga, Calif.
Birth Year: 1978
Resides: Hermosa Beach, Calif.
Olympics: 2000, fourth (indoor); 2004, 08, 12 gold (beach)
Birth Place: Santa Clara, Calif.
View Kerri’s complete match statistics at BVBInfo.com
Follow Kerri on Twitter
Follow Kerri on Facebook
Follow Kerri on Pinterest
- Kerri Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor are considered the greatest beach volleyball team of all time after winning three-straight Olympic gold medals (2004, 2008, 2012).
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won 21 consecutive Olympic matches and only lost one set (to Austria in 2012) during their 11-year run together.
- Walsh Jennings was also on the 2000 U.S. Women’s Indoor National Team that competed at the Olympic Games in Sydney.
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won three straight FIVB world championships in 2005, 2007 and 2009.
- Indoors, Walsh Jennings was the second volleyball player in NCAA history to be a four-time First-Team All-American when she was at Stanford (1996-99).
DID YOU KNOW?
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with April Ross. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- Opened the 2015 season finishing third with Ross at the FIVB World Tour Fuzhou Open. At that point, team led all women with most podium placements on the World Tour, with seven.
- Earned silver at the Long Beach Grand Slam with Ross, their second podium finish of the 2015 World Tour
- Finished fifth at the Olsztyn Grand Slam, the final GS of the 2015 season
- Won the AVP New Orleans Open to start the 2015 Tour. Withdrew days later at the FIVB World Tour Moscow Grand Slam when she sustained an injury, team still tied for 17th
- Made her return after a 32-day hiatus, with April Ross at the Beach World Championships in The Netherlands. Even after time off due to injury, the team was seeded third overall. Finished fourth at the Gstaad Major after re-injuring her shoulder in the third round, duo withdrew from the semifinal and bronze medal matches
- Finished ninth at the Rio Open, her final event of the 2015 season
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. The finished the season ranked third by the FIVB.
- Walsh Jennings and partner April Ross went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets.
- Walsh Jennings started playing full time with April Ross at the end of 2013 and the team won two FIVB gold medals.
- Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor beat April Ross and Jennifer Kessy for the gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games. After the match, Walsh Jennings asked Ross to become her partner.
- When Walsh Jennings and April Ross won the FIVB Xiamen Grand Slam on Oct. 27, 2013, Walsh Jennings set the all-time record for tournament victories by a women’s beach player with 113. Prior to Xiamen, she had been tied with May-Treanor at 112.
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won AVP Team of the Year five consecutive years (2003-07).
- While at Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, Calif., Walsh Jennings asked May-Treanor for her autograph.
- In 2008, Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor broke their own record by winning 112 matches in a row and 19 consecutive tournaments.
- Walsh Jennings graduated from Stanford in 2001 with a degree in American studies.
- Is a member of Stanford's Athletics Hall of Fame.
- She is married to U.S. men’s beach volleyball player Casey Jennings. The pair has three children, sons Joseph (2009) and Sundance (2010) and daughter Scout (2013).
- Walsh Jennings was pregnant with Scout during the 2012 Olympic Games. She was competed while pregnant with Joseph following the 2008 Olympic Games.
- Walsh Jennings is the daughter of Tim and Margie Walsh. Tim played minor league baseball with the Oakland A’s organization and also played semi-pro basketball. Margie was a volleyball MVP at Santa Clara. Walsh Jennings has an older brother, Marte, two younger sisters, Kelli and KC.
THE BIG BLURB
“Misty and Kerri are the biggest names in volleyball, and rightly so with the success they’ve had over three straight Olympics. There are, and should be, lots of young girls, and boys for that matter, who should want to be playing the kind of elite, high performance volleyball that they exude on the court, and have for year after year after year. They’re really good role models.” – Karch Kiraly
“The balancing act of motherhood and a career, and being a wife, is something that I don't think I'll ever perfect, but I love the challenge of it.” – Kerri Walsh Jennings
Sports Illustrated - On the Road: Kerri Walsh Jennings finding new workouts - and nutrition
FIVB - Walsh keeping Olympmic dream alive in Olsztyn
The Augusta Chronicle - Kerri Walsh Jennings adjusts to injury as Rio qualifying looms
ESPNW - 7 ways Kerri Walsh Jennings plans to be back in top form -- fast
ESPNW - Pro tips for protecting your skin while working out in the sun
FIVB VIDEO - Kerri Walsh & April Ross just amazed in this play!
FIVB VIDEO - Kerri Walsh with the amazing chase and win!
FIVB - Player Profile: Kerri Walsh Jennings
Team USA VIDEO - Behind the Scenes Episode 3
Team USA VIDEO - Behind the Scenes Episode 2
May, Walsh Reflect on Olympic Journey
The Golden Girls
Walsh, May-Treanor Three-Peat
2012 Women’s Beach Volleyball Medal Ceremony
More Stories ›