- MOST NOTABLE
- 2004, 2008, 2012 Olympic Games, gold; 2016 bronze
- Became the most decorated beach volleyball Olympian of all-time after winning bronze in 2016; Walsh Jennings has three gold and one bronze in beach volleyball; She is a five-time Olympian
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won 21 consecutive Olympic matches and only lost one set (to Austria in 2012) during their 11-year run together
- Walsh Jennings was also on the 2000 U.S. Women’s Indoor National Team that competed at the Olympic Games in Sydney
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won three straight FIVB world championships in 2005, 2007 and 2009
- Indoors, Walsh Jennings was the second volleyball player in NCAA history to be a four-time First-Team All-American when she was at Stanford (1996-99)
- DID YOU KNOW
- Named the 2016 FIVB World Tour Best Hitter, her 25th FIVB career award
- Duo finished the 2016 season tying for fifth at the World Tour Finals, losing to the Olympic gold medalists from Germany Laura Ludwig/Kira Walkenhorst
- Days after the Olympic Games, won gold at the Long Beach Grand Slam
- Won bronze with April Ross at the 2016 Rio Olympics, beating Brazil's Larissa Franca/Talita Antunes, 17-21, 21-17, 15-9
- In the first FIVB tournament following the 2016 Olympics, won gold with Ross at the Long Beach Grand Slam, their fifth gold of 2016 and 11th as a team
- Finished third in 2016 Olympic qualification, with Ross; duo had the #3 seed in the Olympics
- Following Olympic qualification, won silver at the Gstaad Major, their final international event prior to the Olympic Games
- Finished fourth at the Hamburg Major, the final event of 2016 Olympic qualification
- In the Olympic qualification period, Ross and Walsh Jennings had four gold, two silver and two bronze
- With Ross,pair has eight medals in 2016 Olympic qualification: Fuzhou Open (3rd, 2015), Long Beach Grand Slam (2nd), Rio Grand Slam (1st), Vitoria Open (2nd), Xiamen Open (3rd), Fuzhou Open (1st, 2016), Cincinnati Open (1st), Moscow Grand Slam (1st)
- Won the AVP New York City Open and San Francisco, her 12th AVP title with Ross and third of 2016, their first was at Huntington Beach
- Took a break from the FIVB World Tour and Olympic qualification to play at the AVP Huntington Beach Open, which she won with Ross for their 10th AVP victory as a team
- The silver at the Vitoria Open (March 20) advanced them to the top-ranked American women's team in the rankings
- In her first event back following surgery, won gold at the Rio Grand Slam on March 13, 2016. It was her 51st career FIVB gold and first gold in 2016 olympic qualification
- Walsh Jennings and April Ross posted their 100th team victory at the Rio Grand Slam against Germany's Buthe/Borger in the semifinals
- Following the 2015 Rio Open, underwent surgery on her right shoulder for a torn labrum and capsule, her fifth surgery
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with April Ross. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- Opened the 2015 season finishing third with Ross at the FIVB World Tour Fuzhou Open. At that point, team led all women with most podium placements on the World Tour, with seven.
- Earned silver at the Long Beach Grand Slam with Ross, their second podium finish of the 2015 World Tour
- Won the AVP New Orleans Open to start the 2015 Tour. Withdrew days later at the FIVB World Tour Moscow Grand Slam when she sustained an injury, team still tied for 17th
- Made her return after a 32-day hiatus, with April Ross at the Beach World Championships in The Netherlands. Even after time off due to injury, the team was seeded third overall. Finished fourth at the Gstaad Major after re-injuring her shoulder in the third round, duo withdrew from the semifinal and bronze medal matches
- Finished ninth at the Rio Open, her final event of the 2015 season
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. The finished the season ranked third by the FIVB.
- Walsh Jennings and partner April Ross went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets.
- Started playing full time with April Ross at the end of 2013 and the team won two FIVB gold medals.
- Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor beat April Ross and Jennifer Kessy for the gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games. After the match, Walsh Jennings asked Ross to become her partner.
- When Walsh Jennings and April Ross won the FIVB Xiamen Grand Slam on Oct. 27, 2013, Walsh Jennings set the all-time record for tournament victories by a women’s beach player with 113. Prior to Xiamen, she had been tied with May-Treanor at 112.
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won AVP Team of the Year five consecutive years (2003-07).
- While at Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, Calif., Walsh Jennings asked May-Treanor for her autograph.
Celebrate World Smile Day With Team USA's Biggest Smiles From Rio
Oct. 07, 2016
Say cheese with some of Team USA's happiest athletes at the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Best Beach Volleyball Photos Of 2016
Sept. 22, 2016
Relive the year on the beach with 27 photos of Team USA's beach volleyball teams.
25 Times Team USA Had The Most Precious Celebrations At The Rio Olympics
Sept. 14, 2016
See Team USA's most emotional medal celebrations from Rio 2016.
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Return From Olympic Bronze To Win Grand Slam Gold
Associated Press Aug. 28, 2016
Also fresh off Olympic play, Phil Dalhausser and Nick Lucena took silver in Long Beach, California.
Back On The Beach, April Ross And Kerri Walsh Jennings Reflect On Olympic Bronze And The American Spirit
Sam Yip Aug. 27, 2016
The duo is competing this week at the Long Beach Grand Slam.
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Battle To Beach Volleyball Bronze
Peggy Shinn Aug. 17, 2016
The medal marked Walsh Jennings’ fourth in five Games and Ross’ second in as many.
The Oracles of Volleyball: Quarterfinal impressions
Aug. 17, 2016
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Fall In Olympic Beach Volleyball Semi, Will Play For Bronze
Karen Rosen Aug. 17, 2016
The loss ends Walsh Jennings' quest for a fourth consecutive Olympic gold medal.
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Advance To Beach Volleyball Semifinals
Associated Press Aug. 14, 2016
Walsh Jennings and Ross rolled to a two-set victory over Australia in the quarterfinal.
Walsh Jennings And Ross Overcome Italy To Advance To Beach Volleyball Quarterfinals
Associated Press Aug. 12, 2016
Walsh Jennings and Ross dominated in a 21-10, 21-16 victory.