Track and Field
Birthplace: Athens, Ga.
Hometown: Athens, Ga.
High School: Oconee County High School (Athens, Ga.) '08
College: University of Georgia '15, Speech Communications
2012 Paralympic Games, 6th (400-meter)
- 2015 U.S. Paralympics National Championships, 2nd (100-meter), 3rd (200-meter)
- 2015 Parapan American Games, 1st (100-meter)
- 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships, 1st (4x100-meter relay, 200-meter), 4th (100-meter)
2012 U.S Paralympics National Championships, 4th (400-meter) 5th (200-meter), 6th (100-meter)
- 2011 U.S. Paralympics National Championships, 3rd (100-meter), 4th (200-meter)
- 2011 Parapan American Games, 1st (100-meter)
- 2007 Georgia High School State Championships, 1st (800-meter, 1,600-meter; pre-amputation)
- 2006 Georgia High School State Championships, 1st (cross country; pre-amputation)
Facts: Son of Jeff and Sabina Wallace... One sister, Brittany... Graduated from Oconee County High School and ran track and field at the University of Georgia...Diagnosed with compartment syndrome in 2010 which ultimately resulted in the decision to amputate Wallace's leg below the knee... Started a Leg in Faith Foundation in 2012 to provide prosthetic devices for future elite Paralympic runners...Holds the T44 100m world record of 10.71 set at the 2015 Parapan American Games in Toronto...Member of the U.S. men's 4x100m relay team that holds the current world record set at the 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships in Lyon, France...Hobbies include playing guitar and piano, singing, wake boarding, and surfing.
More Stories ›